“Aloha Happy Hour Fun Time!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy Yamaguchi's Pacific Rim Cuisine - La Jolla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,261 Restaurants in La Jolla
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Pacific Rim
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Nobel Drive (University Town Center's Costa Verde Shopping Center)
Transit: Bus stop within walking distance
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Aloha Happy Hour Fun Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We are from Hawaii Kai Oahu where the original Roy's is located. It is our favorite place to eat in the islands. When I saw there was one here I though we can eat there at home but then I saw where there is a Aloha Happy Hour every day so I could not pass it up. The food is as good as it is in Hawaii. This location was recently redecorated and rebranded to Roy Yamaguchi. The bar area was made larger with a large comfortable u-shaped bar and pub height chairs and tables on both sides of the bar. As always the staff is very attentive and friendly. There are $6 signature cocktails, $6 appetizers, discounted beer and a selection of discounted wine by the glass to pick from. We are happy hour people and this definitely is top notch not matter where you are in the world! Aloha Happy Hour is every day from 4:30 - 6:30 pm.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

La Jolla
“Lots of changes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the interior changes at Roy's...although now the name is slightly different. The menu has also changed somewhat, however they were able to prepare some of our favorites off the old menu.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Roy's happy hour rules!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I always try and make it to a Roy's when I'm out west, and it was great as usual. One of the best and most delicious happy hours out there, and the Roy's in La Jolla does not disappoint. My favorite is the spicy tuna roll, with the shrimp roll and beef sliders a close second. And the staff is always so friendly and helpful. I've been to this Roy's many times and go back every time I'm in town on business.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mokelumne Hill, California
“A night out...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We did not make reservations, but we were able to get a table in the bar. The atmosphere was nice. We enjoyed our dinner. But I must say my highlight was not ordering the desert which sounded amazing and I heard so much about. Instead we had a chocolate blackberry martini. It is now one of my favorite deserts.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cavendish, Vermont
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food is wonderful the staff is very attentive and there is nothing better than that and did I mention the desserts they are to die for!

Visited May 2013