“Great place for breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Californian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Great place for breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

While there isn't an ocean view, this restaurant has a great breakfast menu! The wait can be long, but the food is worth the wait. They offer coffee and samples of coffee cake while you wait for your table - nice touch! The staff is friendly, and once seated the service is very good. The eggs Benedict was amazing as is the French Toast stuffed with cream and sliced strawberries! The portions are large and "shareable". A great place to eat in the beautiful village of La Jolla!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
“Only ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great and bad at the same time. I am on the fence with this one. Ok let's start with the great. Location and atmosphere was great. Their main dishes. My eggs Benedict were amazing and my wife's French toast with strawberries was delicious. Now for the bad home fries were less than average and could not even eat. The bacon was pathetic. They spend all their effort in the main dishes which are amazing but all the siding complementary items were below average very strange. For the price you pay at this location you expect everything to be amazing especially with the number 1 rating on trip advisor. I really want to like this restaurant but For the price you pay I do expect better

La Jolla, California
“The Cottage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our friends took us to THE Cottage, La Jolla, one of their favorite places. It was amazing! I had the pasta and crab & oh my goodness was it delicious. The crab was perfectly proportioned with the other ingredients. You got some in every bite.

My husband had the Crabcakes Benedict. The crabcakes actually had crab as the main ingredient. Totally awesome flavor.

Our kids both had the French toast- each serving was large enough for three people!

Favorful, high quality ingredients in everything.

The staff was incredible and the owner was actively present. A real sign of caring about the business.

The owner sent out desserts for our group of 14 to sample. The peanut butter pie is ridiculously good. I highly recommend trying this place. They also have amazing vegetarian & gluten free items.

Fountain Hills
“friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Waited 30 min. like everyone else. very nice host, got a good booth on the patio against the big house. Had a nice time with a very good friend, yummy french toast arrived when all of a sudden from above, a possibly full glass of ice water came raining down on the top of my head and then right into my purse. Couldn't help but scream and jump at the same time. poured out my purse, I was saturated from the top of my head down my back and front. I was out of sorts for a few minutes as I tried to regain a hairdo and otherwise saturated top and my composure. The poor customer inside the upstairs house sitting on the other side of the window screen was very sorry. The host was very comforting while I was not sure what to take care of first. They worked at making sure I was alright and the poor man paid for our breakfast and ran off. My girlfriend enjoyed her 'Original French Toast' unsaturated, while I started to enjoy my 'Stuffed French Toast' when the dam broke. I must submit a suggestion and let them know that a hot young thing in a white T-shirt might be more enjoyable to watch endure such things.

Visited June 2014
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice location, outdoor seatting is better, staffs are friendly. Food is very awesome delicious!! Stuffy French toast is a must try.

• Visited June 2014