“One of the best breakfasts in San Diego” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 1,262 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Coronado, California
“One of the best breakfasts in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Came on Labor Day by 9 am. Waited 15 minutes. Got a great table on the pleasant patio. Wait staff was efficient & friendly. Food was delicious, consistent with the great yelp reviews. Crab cake eggs Benedict had fresh & real crab, polenta Benedict was tasty & original, Italian scramble was filled with sausages & peppers (nice scone with perfect texture), stuffed French toast...ah..decadent dessert. Coffee was delicious. This is a great place for breakfast. I love the umbrellas on the patio, so useful & decorative.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
League City, Texas
“Unbelievable Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visited the cottage for breakfast. The food was wonderful and the service could not have been better.

Visited August 2013
St. Louis, MO
“Wedding Rehearsal Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

If I could give it 6 Stars I would. My son and his fiancee were getting married in La Jolla. They currently live in the Southeast and we live in the Midwest. The brides family is from the San Diego area. The bride gave me a list of nine restaurants in the La Jolla area in several price ranges for the rehearsal dinner. I looked at all of them and picked two to contact. The Cottage responded immediately. The other has yet to respond. I am sooooo glad The Cottage responded.

The event was held last Friday and I truly believe it could not have been more perfect. Mother Nature did her part to provide us absolutely fabulous weather. There were 24 of us on the patio. When we arrived the tables were set and everything was ready to go. But I am getting a little ahead of myself. All of our dealings were done through email to Jason. I had never seen the restaurant, had no idea the quality of food and wouldn't know Jason if he was standing in front of me. His emails were always encouraging and helpful. When you are hosting an event 1500 miles from where you are you must put your trust in someone and Jason is that person. I would recommend him to help coordinate any event you may be planning at The Cottage.

Once we arrived and I identified myself to the staff, we were off and running. We had pass around appetizers that were both delicious and beautifully displayed. The staff was very attentive but never in the way. They kept glasses full, dishes removed as appropriate and were just delightful. Each place setting included a printed menu with the choices for each course and the Bride & Groom's name printed on the top. Everyone received exactly what they ordered. The food, besides being amazingly delicious, was all served hot, which is not an easy task even for just 24 diners. All requests were promptly acted upon (with a smile!) and the evening progressed just exactly how I hoped it would.

Many guests commented on the food & location and all comments were extremely positive. In fact, even at the wedding people were still coming up to me expressing how much they enjoyed the rehearsal dinner.

Bottom line....Great location, Excellent food, Wonderful waitstaff and the most perfect place to host your event. I truly can say not one thing went wrong, not one thing went other than I expected. Fantastic job Jason!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Breakfast in Downtown La Jolla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I recently had brunch at Cottage...this was my second time at the restaurant and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience! After a 45 minute wait (during which we were treated to coffee and breakfast pastries), we sat down and ordered country French toast (amazing), and an omelette with guacamole, gruyere cheese, and bacon....we split both dishes and absolutely loved it all! Will definitely be returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elkhorn, Nebraska
“Wonderful Breakfast Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a wonderful experience and Cottage in La Jolla. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent. We were traveling from out of state with our 20 month old son and I was overly impressed who how they tailored the meal to our son. This restaurant from the looks would be more a cozy couple place but they brought out these fun wax wire things for our son. He enjoyed every minute of the experience and ate all of my food.

We sat out on the patio and it was a beautiful, crisp morning. It was neat to watch all the locals beginning their day.

Next time we spend the weekend in the San Diego Area .. this will be must visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Food