“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Go. Eat. Be happy.

Food is amazing and the building is cool. Do yourself a favor of you are in La Jolla and eat here. If you pallet is not pleased it's not them it's you.

• Korean first
Tinley Park, Illinois
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We went to La Jolla for the afternoon to see the seals and sea lions and stopped into Cody's first for a bite to eat. We found a spot outside, it was very comfortable and sunny the day we visited. We were there early and decided on breakfast. Two dishes we recommend were their homemade blueberry pancakes and their crab style eggs benedict. Both were excellent and the waiters were very attentive. I wish we had a cute little breakfast/lunch place like this back home! So glad we stopped here, was a great start to our day, thanks Cody's.

Visited November 2013
canada
“great spot for lunch on a sunny day on their deck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We walked by the place on our way down to the waterfront , it looked busy.usually a good sign.
When walking back up the hill we though about lunch there but walked on. After a few minutes we decided to go back down the hill and give it a try. SO GLAD we did.. We sat outsde in the sun , The beet salad was good and the club/ blt on sourdough bread was the best club/ blt we ever tasted. I would make a point of going back if we ever visit that area again. Service was friendly and quick prices were reasonable.
it was quite cosy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Banana bread pudding... nummy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Two women doing the tourist thing in La Jolla for the day, stopped here for lunch because we could sit outside and enjoy the warm sunny weather. Crowded, typical for brunch time. Had salads, which were very fresh but nothing special. Great coffee. After watching plates of the banana bread pudding pass by our table several times, we decided to share an order. (After all, it contains a fruit serving, doesn't it?) So delicious I posted it on my facebook page, and I never post food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ridgecrest, California
“Top notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My family was visiting from Illinois, and we took a day trip to La Jolla to see the seals and sea lions. A local suggested Cody's for lunch, and the tripadvisor app provided superb reviews, so we gave it a shot. Boy, were we glad we did!

There was a short wait for our party of 6. Thirty minutes on a Sunday afternoon seemed like a very reasonable wait time. We were seated, and our waiter brought us cute little bottles of water. It was convenient to be able to refill our own glasses, and easier on the waiter as well.

The atmosphere was great. The tables were kind of close together, but we never felt crowded or intruded upon.

The food was fantastic! Between the six of us, the dishes we tried were the french toast, the mahi mahi tacos, the corn/crab chowder, the grilled chicken sandy, and the BLT (I think...). We all like to share our food so we were all able to try everything. The star of the show was definitely the french toast. OMG. I can't say enough good things about the french toast. Thickly sliced bread, fresh strawberries, candied pecans...I had a hard time sharing it, but I wanted everyone to tell me that I had picked the best dish.

The mahi mahi tacos were okay. I'm an not a fish/seafood fan, so my opinion probably is irrelevant. My husband said they were good, but not great. He was really just disappointed that he hadn't ordered the french toast.

The corn/crab chowder was quite tasty. It was very creamy, but not too thick. Again, I'm not a seafood eater, but even I really liked the soup.

The grilled chicken sandy and the BLT were both very enjoyable.

If I'm ever in La Jolla again, I'll definitely go back to Cody's!

• Visited October 2013