“quick -- I needed to contribute a dessert” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, French
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
La Jolla, California
“quick -- I needed to contribute a dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I love the many desserts that Michelle Coulon has on display at any moment. They are as delicious as they are beautiful. And, my friends appreciate my bringing an assortment along with me to complete a beautiful meal.

Visited March 2013

San Diego, California
“A Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

Ordered Buche de Noel here and it was the star of the Holiday Dinner amongst some snarly food Snobs. Absolutely delicious! Super cute little place and the custom cakes are off the hook!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“Best wedding cake anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

Michelle Coulon's wedding cakes are the best. You can taste the organic, made from scatch, goodness in every bite. My husband and I, along with every single guest at our wedding can't stop talking about how amazing the cake looked and tasted. Go to the shop and taste it for yourselves. There is no way you'll go with any other wedding cakes after you have tasted Michelle Coulon's. It is definitely worth the price!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Belgian Country Ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2005

If you only have one night in La Jolla, this is THE place to dine. The Poulet Normand is extraordinary. The cozy feel and superb California wine selection help provide an experience second to none. Make sure you set aside a couple of hours to enjoy all of the courses. After the most incredible dessert, Gateau Aileen (a spongecake filled with fresh berries), the chef personally thanked us and spoke with us about our travels. Best dining in San Diego, period.