“Good Burgers, Great Happy Hour” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 1,071 Restaurants in La Jolla
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Good Burgers, Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Tioli's used to be a good Italian restaurant, but changed into a burger place several years ago. The burgers are grilled (not fried on a griddle), and there is an interesting selection, from beef and turkey burgers, to kangaroo, buffalo, and other more exotic varieties. Everything is good here, but not outstanding. You order at the counter and they deliver your food to your table.

The happy hour (from 3 to 6 PM) is a great deal, with a limited menu of beers and food offered at very low prices.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

san diego
“Good Burger & Brews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stopped by here after a basketball game at SDSU and the place was packed. We all had four different burgers with sweet potatoe and regular fries along with a brew on tap. Very extensive beer selection and the burgers were very good. Try the mushroom burger..excellent.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Just a burger place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our hotel gave us a restaurant guide and this place was in it. It was featured on the food network and we thought that was a good recommendation. We were however dissapointed. The burgers were pricey and good but not that good. After placing our order the waiter brought it to our table and we never saw him again. No one said a word to us when we left. It seems we were invisable. It isn't someplace we would go again or recommend.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southern California
“Felt like a cool chic in this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My sons ordered the little mini burgers and they were cooked to perfection. Reeeeely yummy fries and a "tough- biker stylel" environment. I ordered the greek burger like Guy F. on DDD recommended. It was great. A tiny bit out of the way if you are a typical tourist of S.D. like I was but not a long drive at all from Hodads...Went there first and the line was around the block so Crazy burger was my 2nd choice. When I walked in, I felt like I was back living in Venice Beach as the attractive cool chics in there were great and friendly and had the coolest tattoos all over. Treated me and every single customer with loving care.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“I eat a KANGAROO BURGER and I **LIKE IT**! From Kangaroo to Veggie, they have it all.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The name says it all!

Being bias of course, haven never actually eat Kangaroo or Buffalo burgers in their Native area, i.e. Australia or South Dakota, I was surprised, no astonished, to find myself enjoying such foreign food, to me!!! I EAT A **KANGAROO BURGER** and I **LIKE IT**! Buffalo, that is a different story, but will have to try it again to really have a valid opinion on it. See story below.

If you are looking for another type of meat, don't fret, they have all kinds of CRAZY YUMMY burgers!!!! Ostrich, Wild Board, Gator, Salon, Grab, Venison, Antelope, etc.; and REGULAR BURGERS like Veggie, Turkey, Chicken, etc..

The Buffalo Burger was very lean which is a pro if your dieting, but it was almost tasteless. HOWEVER, my DISAPPOINTED was discovered following lunch after I told the new waitress, who took over our table, my lack of enthusiasm for the taste of the Buffalo Burger. When she discovered that I ordered it WELL DONE, she said, "there lies the problem". Because Buffalo is a lean meat I needed to order it **RARE** to taste more of the flavor. She also disclosed that Luke Wilson had ordered the Buffalo Burger for dieting purposes and enjoyed it rare (para phrasing of course). I definitely will be going back for a second try on that one.

• Visited September 2012