“A Wonderful Evening” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“A Wonderful Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our first dinner of our stay was a great way to start. The food was delicious, the staff was great and the location was beautiful.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Diego
“Worst service in my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Worst service ever.

We sat there for over 30 minutes after being seated before we were even asked if we wanted a drink. I had to go get my own chips and salsa.

The bartender and waiter both walked by me several times and looked right at us without asking if we needed anything. I tried to get their attention as they walked right by looking right at us.

Finally after telling the waiter once and walking to the bar twice we got our drink order.

$42.00 for 2 small margaritas and 2 shots of Cuervo Gold.

We were there in the middle of the day and seated inside about 15 feet from the bar. It was slow and there were only 2 other tables with people eating outside. They were not busy at all.

The waiter finally took our food order and another 50 minutes had gone by. We couldn't find the bartender or the waiter and hadn't seen them in over 20 minutes. They kept disappearing. I looked everywhere for them.

I wrote in big letters on the $42 bill "F U", did not pay and went across the street to George's and had a wonderful lunch.

THANKS FOR THE FREE DRINKS.....YOUR RESTAURANT SUCKS.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nevada
“Sort of Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Ask anybody who lives in La Jolla and Alfonso's is usually described as a tourist trap. Food is mediocre at best though as another reviewer mentioned, the salsa and drinks are good. High caloric content seems to be their substitute answer to good taste and distinctiveness. Service was good.
Puesto on Wall St. seems to be the Mexican restaurant of choice among locals. Next time I'll follow their lead.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tijuana
“Alfonso's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Good food in a casual setting, drinks are good, margaritas are soe of the best, service is good also I wouls recommend reserving a table, it can get crowded, desserts are really good too.

Visited December 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Great Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I have eaten here often over the years and it is great every time. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited August 2012