“Great Place for a Surf Lesson!” 4 of 5 stars

(858) 551-9510
Website
Improve this listing
22 attraction reviews
“Great Place for a Surf Lesson!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We signed our 8 yr and 10 yr old boys up for surf lessons and they had a great time! The instructor was very prompt to the lesson and knowledgable about surfing. The kids learned a lot and had a fun time. My oldest had so much fun that he wanted to try it again two days later and they were booked up. I would advise planning ahead.

Visited August 2013

Tucson
“Highly Recommend Menehune Surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Outstanding experience with Menehune Surf lessons. Fonzie is an excellent surf instructor. Professional, fun and energetic. Cool experience overall for several days of surf lessons. Reasonably priced, efficient and reliable. Try a private surf lesson with Fonzie, you'll have a blast!

Visited July 2013
New Providence, New Jersey
“It was a Blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was in San Diego for a couple of days with two of my sons, 6 and 10. They both wanted to go surfing. I had no idea where to go, so I contacted the Sun Diego store at Mission Beach and they recommended Menehune Surf.

We arrived early for the 90 minute lesson. The staff very patiently found the right size wet suits for the boys and help to get them all kitted out. When we walked the length of the boardwalk to the tent, we were met by Alex who had the surf boards ready for the boys.

The initial phase of the lesson took place on the beach, as Alex gave them some basic information about how to paddle out and stand on the board, and then they spent a full hour in the water.

Alex was very attentive to both boys and shared his time between them as they both became more and more confident on their boards. By the end of the lesson they had both had enough, but thought the whole experience was a blast.

I would highly recommend Menehune Surf to anyone who wants to get a taste of surfing.

Visited July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
“Did both surfing and kayaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Did a 1 person 2 hour surf lesson for my 15 year old son on a Sunday morning. Instructor was Richard - young man from Pepperdine college. He was terrific - perfect teach for my son. On Tuesday, 4 of us went on the sea cave kayak tour. Very well done. Knowledgeable guides, felt very safe. Lots of fun. You might take motion sickness medication - one son felt very uncomfortable while waiting for all the participants to go one by one into the cave. Other than that, would highly recommend them for both surfing and kayaking.

Visited June 2013