“Pleasant surprise in La Jolla.....Very fresh food...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #144 of 1,274 restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Vietnamese
San Diego, California
1,337 helpful votes 1,337 helpful votes
“Pleasant surprise in La Jolla.....Very fresh food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had a pleasant surprise last week and a nice meal here. My wife and I were craving some Pho noodles so we tried going to another place but they were closed the entire week of Thanksgiving. So we looked online and read about a new Vietnamese restaurant.

We decided to try it and glad we did. Pleiku is new. I'm not sure how long it's been around but it looked to be newly renovated.

They have a nice selection on their menu with some traditional Vietnamese stuff and some more modern type items. It wasn't too crowded but we did see a few people coming to get take out while we ate there.

We ordered some egg rolls and they were very good. Nice and fresh and great flavor. My wife ordered the Chicken Pho and I got the Beef Pho and it was really fresh and great. The big size portion is VERY big so keep that in mind.

However, it was so good I ate my entire big bowl. My wife got the smaller sized but she said hers was also delicious. Also, definitely try the homemade iced tea. It was VERY good. It had some blend of flavors in it. I think ginger and some other things. Very good. My wife got the same tea except a hot tea and she also loved it.

Our waitress was very friendly. (I forget her name but she is the one with a bit of pink hair). She was nice and kept checking if we needed anything.

They have tables inside and a few outside as well. Definitely I'd recommend this place and I'll be back here. And they also had some parking in the parking lot next to them which is nice as parking in this area can be brutally hard to find.

• Visited November 2012