“Perfume Creation experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 33 Activities in La Jolla
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Catering to men, women & children 8 years and older, Tijon La Jolla offers several unique Fragrance Creation Experiences! Tijon (locations in St. Martin and La Jolla) is likely the only place in the world where you can participate in a "fun & unique activity" by choosing from over 300 oils to create your own custom fragrance. It may sound daunting to some, but the experts at Tijon make it easy. The hardest part for many is naming their own fragrance. Everyone leaves with their own custom fragrance and a gift bag of Tijon products. Tijon also offers an on-site boutique with a signature line of more than 20 French Caribbean fragrances, body products, jewelry and unique gifts. Since opening in November 2012, Tijon La Jolla has earned 5 star reviews from our customers.
“Perfume Creation experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Had heard about the new venue in La Jolla Light and checked it out.
The shop is Ok but may be not as special as some more boutique-y premium perfumeries , (We are in La Jolla, not trendy New York or Tokyo...) but the lab behind is spectacular, with the "perfume organ" being one of the most striking attribute: dozens of brown bottles of mysteriously names essences...Thought of doing an end-of-the-year team building event, so I signed up for 6 of us. The course was very humbling (very easy to go wrong), and appeared stunningly short. We are designers, so the 90 min. creation process was very interesting, and we even came up with more-than-acceptable little sprays that we actually wear! Each of us followed a very personal path, following essence names, personal memories, or favoring only natural essences...
The whole package, complete with little gifts, iPad record of your creation that you can reorder, massage oil and lip balm, not to mention a final glass of sparkling wine (Or non-alcoholic if you are so-inclined) made it an incredible deal, something I can recommend as a gift for anybody even remotely intrigued by the world of scents or the creation process in general.
Rachelle and her 2 assistants made us want to come back for the more intense, longer course where you create also your base...

Visited April 2013

Baldwin, Wisconsin, United States
“Happy 50th!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

While on a visit with my daughters they surprised me with this visit to Tijon for my 50th birthday. It was such a delightful experience, from the class to mixing our own special scents. I have worn the fragrance which I had made and named for this special occassion many times and have had many compliments. I have told many of our wonderful experience that day, not something you get to do in a small community. I would recommend this to anyone traveling in the area and think both of my girls thought it would be a great thing to do with their many visitors during the year. Thanks again Tijon for the great day!

Visited February 2013
Del Mar, California
“Great Unique and Fun Learning Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I absolutely loved my experience at Tijon. I took their beginning perfume making class with a group of friends. It was the perfect combination of time to chat, learning some amazing facts I didn't know about perfume and how it is made, and the ability to be creative with guidelines to keep me on track.

The actual space is adorable, well designed and inviting. The workshop/classroom area is nice and open, well lit and they have a lab coat with name tag for each guest. You feel like you're in a real scientific lab with the metal lab tables they use along with stools, beakers and droppers. So cool!

I would definitely recommend Tijon for a date, girls night/day activity, tourist activity and just something unique. You walk away with a custom fragrance that you create and because they give you such a solid starting point it actually turns out smelling really good. I actually LOVE my fragrance and wear it every day. They walk you through bottling it and create a custom label with whatever you name your fragrance, which is a perfect touch and lasting memory from the experience. And you get a free gift from the store with the class so even if you don't love your perfume you made you're still walking away with something great, besides the memories. You have to try it!

Visited February 2013
Solana Beach, California
“Unique experience and lasting memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'm a "special occasion" fragrance kind of guy. Maybe on a date, or when I want to feel slightly more put-together than usual. That said, I was impressed with the journey Tijon takes you through to create your own, personal scent and learn more about how fragrances work. Over the course of our class, I learned exactly what I liked and disliked from their knowledgeable staff, and crafted a final bottle I was truly proud to wear - which I titled, "Grizzly Bear". The professional-looking scent now sits comfortably with favorites I've purchased over the years. Every time I wear it, it's a constant reminder of how much fun I had making it.

I can't recommend the experience enough - enjoy it with friends, family, or someone special!

Visited December 2012
San Diego, California
“Mother Daughter Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

In college, I spent a semester in France. One of the excursions while living abroad was visiting a perfumerie in the South of France. Ever since that visit, it has been a goal to design a fragrance. Tijon offered the Mix and Match class which allowed my mom and I to create a few fragrances and choose our favorite. The staff was professional, friendly and just as excited as we were about our creations. The huge oil selection and educated staff were amazing but the best was being able to experience this with my mama! Thank you Tijon for my most memorable fragrant adventure!

Visited January 2013