“Mother Daughter Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 33 Activities in La Jolla
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Catering to men, women & children 8 years and older, Tijon La Jolla offers several unique Fragrance Creation Experiences! Tijon (locations in St. Martin and La Jolla) is likely the only place in the world where you can participate in a "fun & unique activity" by choosing from over 300 oils to create your own custom fragrance. It may sound daunting to some, but the experts at Tijon make it easy. The hardest part for many is naming their own fragrance. Everyone leaves with their own custom fragrance and a gift bag of Tijon products. Tijon also offers an on-site boutique with a signature line of more than 20 French Caribbean fragrances, body products, jewelry and unique gifts. Since opening in November 2012, Tijon La Jolla has earned 5 star reviews from our customers.
San Diego, California
“Mother Daughter Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

In college, I spent a semester in France. One of the excursions while living abroad was visiting a perfumerie in the South of France. Ever since that visit, it has been a goal to design a fragrance. Tijon offered the Mix and Match class which allowed my mom and I to create a few fragrances and choose our favorite. The staff was professional, friendly and just as excited as we were about our creations. The huge oil selection and educated staff were amazing but the best was being able to experience this with my mama! Thank you Tijon for my most memorable fragrant adventure!

Edmonton, Canada
“One of a kind experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Three of us received this experience as a Christmas present and it was fantastic! Rachelle professionally guided us through the task of creating our own scent and we all walked away with a perfume we were proud to wear! We had a lot of fun experimenting with all the different scents and combinations in the lab setting. This is a great activity to do while in the San Diego area.

Visited December 2012
San Diego, California, United States
“Amazing Activity and Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I attended one of the custom perfume classes here and had the best time! I am a wedding planner here in San Diego and would recommend this place to any of my brides for their bridal showers, bachelorette parties, etc. and to friends for their birthdays and more! It's a hands on experience where you get to experiment and choose your favorite scents and combine them to make your own custom perfume! WOW, what a treat! I brought my best friend along with me and we really enjoyed every moment of this experience, we were able to be creative, laugh, enjoy, and catch up, all while creating an amazing perfume! XO

La Jolla
“Very unique experience that I highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Whether you live in La Jolla or are just visiting, plan a few hours to experience a perfume making class at Tijon.

You'll channel your inner scientist and get properly suited up in a white lab coat. It's a real lab with beakers, pipettes and over 300 scents to choose from. They'll show you exactly what to do so it isn't overwhelming. It's fun. Mix 3 scents, decide which one you like best and they'll give you a hefty bottle full to take home with you. It even has a personalized label on it. The class is very reasonably-priced for what you get and would be ideal for a girls night out.

Tijon keeps a record of your perfume so if you need a refill, they have the recipe. I was also very surprised by how long my perfume stayed on. I didn't need to re-apply as 12 hours later, it was still smelling perfect.

Tijon is also a great boutique for gift-buying. They have everything from perfume to jewelry and champagne glasses. Love it!

Escondido, California
“Unique and Wownderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Not only did I play aroma chemist but I walked out of there with custom cologne that I made and custom cologne that the store makes. And there's so much more. It was a great Christmas present that my fiance and I gave each other. We laughed, experimented, and sniffed througout the whole time. The father and daughter staff were excellent and wownderful!