The hotel is really nice, great rooms and grounds, but the service was so-so. There was a lot of confusion at checkin about what our room rate was supposed to be, which immediately vanished when I pulled out my AAA reservation confirmation. Same thing at check-out: first I was overcharged, and after 15 minutes of calm discussion, all disputed charges (and some not disputed ones) were removed. In the end, I paid less than expected, but wish I had not had the hassle. At least they reacted just as I would have wanted by removing all the disputed charges.
The kids loved the pool and hot tub area, and we loved the pool-side cabanas. Kids are also given a card with free food items they can get (smoothies, ice cream, snacks) from various places at the hotel. Our package included breakfast, which was tasty and had healthy choices as well as decadent ones. The service in the restaurant was also so-so. It seemed like all the wait staff was inexperienced.
Overall, I was satisfied, and would go back there again, with my reservation confirmation in hand!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa