My wife, baby daughter and I stayed here for the 3 days prior to the Memorial Day weekend and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. As many reviewers already mentioned, the staff was pleasant, professional and always friendly.
We had dinner at the Adobe Restaurant on site and I'm glad to say it was delicious. Get the Paprika dusted potatoes! The servers were very attentive and offered numerous times to provide food or milk for my daughter. Additionally, my daughter is in a stage now where she says "Hi" incessantly and both waiters were very friendly to her even after the 50th "Hi".
The room was comfortable but small. Our room overlooked the back of the resort but it was quiet (as we had requested) and clean. For those bringing a baby or toddler, be aware that the room is small so there aren't many places to put them where either the noise from the TV or light from the lamps won't affect them. That being said, it was nice to be able to relax and read without the background noise. This was vacation after all! The crib provided by the hotel was clean and had nice linens. The only problem with it is that it was extremely small for my 16 month old daughter. I think it would be an ideal size for a smaller toddler or baby though.
The midweek vibe from the clientele was definitely more serene than that of the weekend crowd. We left on Saturday morning and by the time we checked out, the pool was filled with wedding party participants and uptight retirees. For those who plan to bring younger kids, I would definitely recommend a midweek stay.
The location was surprisingly tranquil given that it was across the street from UCSD but I think that the fact that school was almost out for the summer may have helped.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again real soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa