We booked based on previous reviews and we like to stay in boutique hotels for something a bit different and a bit nicer than your average hotel. The buildings and surroundings are very nice. Reception staff are helpful, if not a little direct sometimes but overall quite good. Housekeeping were very good. However, we felt very let down by a) the quality of food here and b) the dining service is just dreadful. We booked 2 rooms with balconies for 6 nights so it wasn't as if we were here for a just couple of meals here. The service was consistently slow, mistakes made in orders, confusion over orders and servers who seemed to disappear whenever you needed them so we had to find our own silverware etc. The final straw came when we booked a table at 530pm with our 3 young children at their thanksgiving buffet. We sat next to 3 other tables with children, none of whom were perfect by any means. However, the "manager" found it necessary to talk firmly and quietly to us about our "noisy baby". Needless to say, the manager found himself on the receiving end of a short sharp conversation with my husband with the promise of a complaint to his manager. Our "noisy" 1 year old had been sat quite happily shaking his plastic water bottle against a wooden table and couldn't be heard above the ipad being played on the table behind us, the two boys running around the restaurant or the other table whose baby was crying. Really?! Family aside, even if it was just us booking this place as a couple I wouldn't rate the quality of food at all. It's ok, perfectly edible but nothing special that the other reviews talk about. The facilities and grounds are nice and I can't review the spa as I didn't use it. Finally, this hotel lacks the little things that make a difference. No information in the rooms about spa services, minimal poor quality toiletries, no newspapers in the lobby, inconsistent attitude between staff (some were super friendly where others were very clearly having a bad day!) etc. Would we recommend to other families wishing to travel to high end hotels, no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa