Stayed on a corporate business trip with meetings, group meals, etc. I had half a day free which I spent at the lovely pool relaxing with an excellent lunch poolside. Overall a nice, quiet and elegant hotel. Three main issues:
1) Not really in La Jolla - it's a 10-15 min cab ride (~$15-20) into town. The hotel is in a very quiet residential area.
2) There are no views of the ocean from anywhere on the property - I was surprised. There is a beautiful view from the La Jolla glider port about 2 (long) blocks away.
3) The property is long and if you're in the back set of rooms, some rooms (like mine) are very far from the front of the hotel as is the beautiful pool so you're either hiking it back and forth to the front of the hotel and restaurants or near the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa