“Nice weekend getaway!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9700 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037   |
Offers & Announcements
Enjoy The 4th Night Free!
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pasadena, California
“Nice weekend getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Estancia La Jolla was the perfect weekend getaway. From the moment we arrived the staff was on their game. Our room was not ready when we arrive so we were as to wait a short time and were given a complimenty drink and appetizer at one of the hotels restaurants. Our room was ready before we had even finished our drinks. The young, energetic and professional staff were a huge plus to our glorious weekend away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
EstanciaHotelManager, Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your weekend getaway. Thank you for taking the time to write a review with such positive feedback. We are so glad to hear that you felt your experience was perfect from a customer service standpoint. I will be sure to share this review with the team. We hope you will join us for future weekend getaways. Please stay in touch through social media- our channels can be found on our website. We often have giveaways and exclusive promotions!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Ventura, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband booked a romantic spa package in celebration of our anniversary and what should have been an enjoyable experience from a 4 star rated property was quite the contrary. Our room was not ready upon our arrival (after check-in hours). The best service we received was from a hotel security guard. In an effort to redeem themselves, the GM invites us back for a second visit. We truly wanted to like this property, (the grounds are beautiful) but it failed miserably in leaving a "lasting impression".

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
EstanciaHotelManager, Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I’m glad that our General Manager had a chance to speak with you last year after your stay. If you feel that your concerns have not been addressed, please do not hesitate to give us call. Our General Manager is out of the office this week, but our Director of Operations would really like the opportunity to speak with you to learn more and perhaps he can assist in booking the reservation with the gift certificate we sent you last year? If you could either send a direct message with your contact information or call the hotel at 858.550.1000 and ask for the Director of Front Office Operations that would be great. We truly apologize for your experience and the missed opportunity to make your anniversary special last year and would love the opportunity to welcome you back and regain your confidence in our ability to provide excellent customer service.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I are frequent travelers to SD as we are looking after my husbands ailing parents. We prefer to have our own place to stay when we are there so we have stayed at Rancho Bernardo, Lodge at Torrey Pines and Scripps Inn on several occasions. We are very fond of Scripps Inn but had wanted to investigate a property with a little more to offer in terms of amenities. I have to admit I was a little skeptical because I find California resorts, along with a la carting you to death, have basically the same formula. Estancia exceeded my expectations. In terms of balance between comfort and elegance they have it just right. The decor perfectly suited my taste and was recently refreshed. A room with light on a higher floor is most comfortable. The grounds are very beautiful and peaceful. Personally I do not find the property suitable for children because of the serene environment but that is only my humble opinion. There were children there and it is child friendly in terms of safety. We were able to walk to Black's beach, a little light hiking required, so that offsets the lack of ocean views. We really were looking for a place that we can return to every couple of months and Estancia is definitely it. Sadly, I did not get a chance to use the $50 spa credit, which I sorely needed, due to the nature of our trip, maybe next time? We loved our stay and our lovely light, quiet, courtyard facing room. Estancia really felt like home away from home which is exactly what we wanted. Staff was exceptional. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: The travelers photo's while good, do not do the rooms or bathrooms justice, they are both nicer...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
EstanciaHotelManager, Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such helpful feedback. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our convenient location and went for a nice walk to Black’s Beach. I’m sorry that you did not have a chance to enjoy the newly redesigned Spa at Estancia- it is truly beautiful so I hope you can stop in for a treatment and some relaxation during your next stay!
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

If I could, I'd stay at this hotel twice a year just to recharge our batteries and bask in its beauty. And what a beautiful property it is. The gardens, the pool, the location only 4 miles from La Jolla village, and across the street from UCSD. We recently stayed for the second time in a year and I am happy to report that the powers that be have upped their game considerably. A year ago, I'd have given the resort fewer stars. Instead, I called them with my constructive criticism - things that should be improved upon. I'm not suggesting that they listened to me, but they might heard enough to turn around their game. Management now seems older, wiser and more sophisticated, yet still hip and on the ball. The awkward mistakes no longer happen. The rooms, which I thought just fine before, have been given face lifts. And the spa, which I just used for the first time, was lovely, rivaling others at larger hotels. Finally, the full body massage was hands down (pardon the pun) the BEST I've ever had anywhere. Jessica is her name and I was a new person when I got up from that table! All in all, I highly recommend this resort. And I say that as someone who has stayed at the Palmilla in Los Cabos and the 4S Biltmore in Santa Barbara. Bravo Estancia!!

Room Tip: Corner suite overlooking the pool area and its garden was simply fabulous. Fully updated and refinis...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately we did not stay at the Estancia but we did visit for lunch and breakfast, and very glad that we did! We had lunch one day. On the recommendation of the hostess I had the burger, which was succulent and tasty, topped off with fried onions - my mouth is watering just writing this. My wife is a vegetarian and the kitchen customized their grilled chicken salad to make a wonderful pear, blue cheese and pecan salad topped off with avocado, and our friend had the creamy brie grilled cheese and apple, which she said was very good.

We enjoyed lunch so much we went back a couple of days later for breakfast. I had the bread pudding (yes, for breakfast), this is a unique dish based on croissant and eggs, very filling and tasty. The egg white omelette that my wife had was light and also tasty.

The service was appropriately attentive and pleasant, from the delightful and helpful young lady who seated us, Rebecca, to the servers Lisa and Tara who made sure that we got just what we wanted and just when we needed it.

We took a walk around the grounds and were disappointed that we hadn't sought this place out earlier, it is beautifully located and maintained. I hope the rest of the hotel lives up to the experience we had at The Adobe restaurant as we plan on staying the next time we are n the San Diego area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Redondo Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I'm sure I speak for many of you that when we leave the comfort of home, we'd like to stay at a place that is comfortable, friendly, clean and inviting all for a great price. This hotel has it all. We had stayed using a Travelzoo voucher and I didn't quite know what to expect. What a pleasant surprise! The staff was friendly and we had the opportunity to stay within a week of them having just finished their remodel of some of the rooms. We had a beautiful room on the 2nd floor overlooking the courtyard and some of our friends had the 1st floor courtyard room. I enjoyed having our 2nd floor room for the view. It seemed much more spacious (maybe because we asked for a king bed), although they were decorated the same and both equally comfortable. Breakfast at the restaurant on the 2nd floor was delicious and so kid friendly! Again all included in the travelzoo voucher. Two thumbs up for the valet who gave us an awesome recommendation for dinner and remembered our names during our stay and greeted us warmly every time we saw him. Thank you for a great weekend. My family and friends had a wonderful time and we'll be back!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the review. We are very glad that you enjoyed the look and feel of the new guest rooms and that you had a delicious breakfast at Adobe El Restaurante. We love to hear that you plan to return and we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back!
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This is our second stay at the hotel. my husband and i love driving to San Diego for weekend trips and this hotel is home away from home. The location is ideal and the rooms facing the courtyard are amazing. it feels like you are in some secluded vacation destination. Love yhe architecture and decor of the hotel. Close to all my favorite places in San Diego.

• Stayed March 2013
EstanciaHotelManager, Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for the great review and for being repeat guests. We love being your home away from home! Please be sure to stay in touch with us between visits by following us on our social media channels like Facebook and Twitter. We hope to welcome you back for a third stay very soon!

Been to Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!