My wife and I came down with our three kids for a three-night stay. We decided to upgrade to a King Suite with separate sleeping quarters for Mom and Dad. After a hiccup in the reservations, in which the front desk failed to check on availability before upgrading, the Hotel Manager stepped in and secured the upgrade for 2 of the 3 nights. On the 3rd night, we packed our bags and prepared to move to a smaller room, but luckily the suite became available so we gladly paid the upgrade fee. Here, we give kudos to Management for acknowledging the initial mistake and promptly making things right.
The swimming pool itself is minimalist, just adequate for kids compared to more family-oriented resorts around San Diego, but my wife and I loved the relaxing pool area, including the fire pit and the fireplaces. We liked the nice big jacuzzi. We also felt that the Estancia hotel grounds and gardens were more beautiful than the famed Hotel del Coronado .
We recommend that you include breakfast in your vacation package, if you have the option. The breakfast buffet is better than most, and the kids can eat right away.
The Voss water and other amenities included in the resort fee were a nice touch, adding value to the typically bloated resort fees.
Valet service was friendly and helpful.
Our TV did not work, and maintenance promptly fixed the problem. The resort threw in a free movie, plus milk and cookies for the kids. Nice touch.
The restaurants are priced a little on the high end for a family of five. We enjoyed one nice dinner on the property. After that, we found several dining options within a few short miles.
San Diego is our favorite weekend family getaway. We would definitely consider the Estancia again.
One thing I would recommend is keeping a basic stock of family-friendly games with the concierge or the front desk.
Overall, thanks from our family for a most enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa