“I had a great visit” 4 of 5 stars

michigan
17 attraction reviews
“I had a great visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

As a guest at the hotel, I decided to book a pedicure. The spa is very nice and I had good customer service. The technician was professional and very helpful on travel ideas when asked. She also is the first tech I have ever had that offered to touch up any spots if they smeared during my stay. I didn't have to go back but sure was happy for the offer!

Visited February 2014

Mission Viejo, California
“Wonderful Birthday Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful one night stay my family just did on Saturday for my birthday. This was our first time staying here. We have stayed at Grand Del Mar and Grand Colonnial, La Valencia etc, and this is our new favorite in the area. We have spent many little stay-cations in La Jolla, as we live in Mission Viejo and used to go to grad school in Scripts Ranch area, so we are well familiar with resorts and hotels inn the area. The Lodge is our now favorite destination in the area.

The staff from Valet, to bell hops, concierge, front staff, restaurant , spa and housekeeping were all consistently friendly, attentive, and made us feel very welcomed and pampered. I did yoga in the courtyard and she was wonderful as well, giving me a very attentive and personal yoga class as it was just the two of us that day. Esther in the spa was the best massage ever.
Rooms were spacious and gorgeous in Arts and Craft style Butler-like room service, very attentive, and ice was filled without requesting in the evening brought lovely "jet lag" tea at turn down service time.

We will definitely return.

Visited January 2014
California
22 attraction reviews
“Nice and Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Nice spa, great steam, couples massage hit the spot. Overall, staff did a great job. Very relaxing and quiet.

Visited December 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
“Pleasant staff but could use a better lay out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I didn't book any treatments, as previous reviewers have mentioned their prices Are steep. I was pleased that as a guest at the hotel I was invited to use the facilities which included lockers, private dressing rooms, sream room, dry sauna, area with a fire place to wait for treatments, showers and well stocked places to get ready. I really appreciated the friendliness of the front desk person who took her time showing me the facilities even though I didn't have an appointment, and I enjoyed sampling all of the facial products that they apparently use/sell. The biggest downside for me was that there was no hot tub area within the facility and the facility was not in any way connected to the resorts outdoor pool/hot tub area.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Overpriced and Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked a spa service while staying in San Diego with friends. We were given poor driving directions and once we arrived were rushed. My massage therapist was average at best and was counting the minutes left (out loud) during my treatment. I was only given about 30 minutes of service and paid for 50 minutes. I was told they would allow me a 20% discount but at $140 per massage the discount hardly made a difference in the overpriced service. We did use ammenities afterward and they were nice. I would not recommend this spa. I heard several complaints from other guests while I was there as well.

Visited October 2012