“Much better than the first time I went there” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Apollonia Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 1,261 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nobel Drive
Transit: Bus stops are available on Nobel Drive and Genesee Avenue within 2-minute walk from Apollonia
San Diego, CA
“Much better than the first time I went there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I somewhat reluctantly agreed to have dinner here with friends because my last experience wasn't that great. For example, if you like good thick lentil soup, this is not the place for it. Their lentil soup is very brothy (or "watery" in my terminology). I had the tomato basil soup this time which was fine although it could have had more basil and I had the lamb moussaka. I really liked the moussaka, authentic or not. The portions are quite large so I had enough leftover for lunch the next day.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Del Mar, California
“Nothing extraordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Went here on recommendation as we were in the area and we were disappointed, I just didn't think it was very authentic Greek food. The Moussaka was not very good and I don't know were they got their recipe because it wasn't Greek. The rest of the food was all about the same just not very good. I have been to many great authentic Greek restaurants in southern California and this is not one of them.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Solid Greek Food. One of the best in San Diego”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

San Diego may have the worst Greek food of any major city. But if you are craving a good gyro or other Greek specialties you can't go wrong here. Well prepared and good service. But don't compare it to what you can get in New York!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, CA
“Great Greek food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Apollonia Bistro is in a very busy shopping center in the UTC Golden Triangle area but is well worth stopping in. Warm, friendly service and wonderful authentic Greek food. Outside dining is protected from weather and very inviting. Menu is worth taking your time to read. Great for lunch or dinner and enjoy a great wine with you meal!

Visited November 2012
LittleBitBritish
“Real Greek food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was craving moussaka and we took a chance here. We arrived and choose to sit on the patio. Husband enjoyed the beer which was authentic and the moussaka we were told was made on the premises, we could not fault the food. Really delicious! The menu offered a great selection too. My portion of moussaka was most generous, I did think I would not manage to eat it all....but no....and instead I didn't have a dessert, the moussaka completely satisfied my appetite!! Yummy!! it came with delicious rice too. Husband tried a medley of items which he really enjoyed.....we'll be back!! The inside of this restaurant was really nice decorated too....

• Visited October 2012