“Your own apartment with a great location in La Jolla” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book Now & Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
California
“Your own apartment with a great location in La Jolla”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Just spent 3 nights in a partial ocean view apartment with a full kitchen, nice living room with a large flat screen tv and a bedroom. This was much nicer than staying in a standard hotel room. The location of the Pantai is excellent. It is just across the street from the beach and a nice park and a very short walk to many stores and restaurants. Additionally the unit comes with free parking which is invaluable in La Jolla. The few downsides of the Pantai include a small bed (neither a king nor a queen), little counter space and no drawers in the otherwise beautifully designed bathroom and the lack of a balcony or lanai at least in the partial ocean view apartments. Nonetheless this is a good place and I would stay here again if and when I return to La Jolla.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas K, General Manager at Pantai Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Packedandreadytogo,
Thank you for the review. As a senior contributor on TripAdvisor, we can tell that you have an eye for detail. On your next visit we will need to see if we can get you in one of our beautiful ocean front rooms with a large balcony.

Terima Kasih,

Dallas King

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a great experience for 3 nights. I wish wecould have stayed longer. We stayed in a partial oceanview room. It was a huge room with a dining area, fireplace, full kitchen and separate bedroom. There are two 60ish in flatscreen tvs and the bathroom is nice as well. The showers alone are reason enough to book this place. Service is top notch also.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We arrived and we so impressed by the decor and friendliness of the staff. We were upgraded from a 1 bedroom studio to a 2 bedroom with full ocean view. We got into the room and thought we walked into a Beverly Hills condo. Everything was perfect, The kitchen was spacious and well equipped, The bathroom have the best shower with great water pressure. The beds and pillow were to die for. The TV system was great too, big flat screens in every room. We woke up the next morning to a great continental breakfast with pastries and fruit. I think they picked the fruit earlier that morning and the pastries were fresh too. We cant wait to go back!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas K, General Manager at Pantai Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Rollneasy,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the ocean view and many other amenities in your room. I am also pleased that you pointed out our fresh fruit and pastries and provided such a strong recommendation.

We strive to provide our guests with a perfect stay and I am glad to hear we provided you with a great experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Pantai Inn enjoys the perfect position for both beachside fun and town convenience, the staff are friendly and accommodating and the rooms are beautiful and extremely spacious. Many thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dallas K, General Manager at Pantai Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
GTravel2014,

Thank you for your great review! We are pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay including our proximity to the beach and beautiful town of La Jolla. Thank you for the kind remarks about the staff. They love to hear such nice comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to La Jolla.

tucson, arizona usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

excellent facility located on the Pacific ocean.. not the mega hotel type, just several buildings that have been renovated [November 2011] into a great hotel.. with an ideal location for 'walking' into La Jolla,,, 3-5 minutes max.. Shane, the hotel manager has done a great job assembling a capable staff that is both friendly and informative... cannot fault anything... we stayed in unit 208, a one bedroom with kitchen, overlooking the ocean and park which can be viewed on the hotel website... Parking is included and that is a 'big deal' in La Jolla... in our unit the wifi was included... a bkfest buffet is also included and coffee is ready around 6 am,,, should we return to La Jolla we will return...

Room Tip: 208 has an outstanding view of the park and pacific ocean,,,
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had such an unpleasant experience at this hotel and have been struggling to know whether I should publish a review but decided to do so. I'm a senior executive and part time college lecturer and have UK police security check clearance: I don't make up stories about theft. I stay in hotels the world over and try to give my honest fair view of the experience.

This hotel is beautiful, in a great location and has amazing staff. I stayed in a sort of holiday rental attached to the hotel rather than the main rooms but a number of colleagues used to use this hotel and I have been to their rooms and they are sublime.

My room was great, large, airy, spacious, immaculately clean and probably perfect for a summer vacation but was good enough for my long term needs in winter. It doesn't have a dishwasher but has a full sized fridge, gas cooker and a microwave. For basic living it is perfectly equipped.

My concern, and the reason I checked out and that the companies I work with have stopped using it, is fear over security. I am not suggesting any wrong doing by the hotel or the staff but my room was robbed. No damage was done, things that were stolen are replaceable and the total value is less than I bill out a day. I'll get over it.

But I didn't feel the hotel responded quickly or sympathetically enough. They did the checks you'd expect but did not call the police for me and told me I had to do that myself. They led me to believe that that were co-operating with the police from the Monday morning and told me they were waiting for the police to allocate an officer. I was then surprised when police called me a day later to say the hotel had not been in touch. In fairness the hotel did then cooperate with the police and the security cameras were unable to identify how my belongings were stolen. Someone somehow accessed my room unseen by security cameras and stole my belongings - the police took a Starbucks cup that was left in the room for finger prints but they have not been able to match those to anyone. I never did like Starbucks :-)

These things can happen in any hotel and I repeat that I am not suggesting the staff are culpable, but be aware that this hotel is a series of buildings around which the public can walk and drive through. It's not a traditional self contained hotel within its own boundaries and, if there are security guards, then I never saw one.

The hotel does provide a safe in the room and I stupidly left some valuables openly in the the room when I left in the morning and I should have known better. My experience was unfortunate, and should not detract from the fact that the hotel, staff and location are superb. I, however, left there feeling a little sour about my own personal experience but you should make your own judgement.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Frankfort, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were upgraded to a room with a beautiful ocean view. The weather was a little cooler than normal so it was so nice to have a 2-way fireplace in our unit. Everything was first class, from the bed, linens, and decor. Bottle of wine and chocolates waiting, plus turn down service were special touches. Wonderful continental breakfast! Excellent staff, hope to return to this little sanctuary!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Pantai Inn? Share your experiences!