“Beautiful location and attention to detail” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,072 Restaurants in La Jolla
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cave St.
Transit: San Diego Transit Authority Bus #30 stops at the corner of Torrey Pines Road and Prospect Street.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Beautiful location and attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband has had great business dinners here- it's gorgeous overlokking the La Jolla Cove. This time we found the rooftop, an open air bar with fire pit; it was perfect for a relaxing cocktail and wonderful appetizers. A hidden location that was really delightful to watch thewaves and sea birds.

Visited December 2012

Waterloo, Ontario
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My sister saw Eddie V's featured on a TV show so we decided to try it during our visit to La Jolla, and we were not disappointed. We were seated upstairs overlooking the bay and enjoyed watching the sea lions and kayakers. The seafood was excellent and choice of side dishes very interesting. Service was very friendly and made for a relaxing meal. We would definitely return.

Visited October 2012
Virginia
“Best food in La Jolla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant in the San Diego area. I eat there each time I visit and have never been disappointed. The restaurant has a gorgeous view of the water. Most of the fruits and vegetables are locally grow and the fish specials are from local fisherman. My favorite is the tuna tartar and the tomato and mozzarella salad. The best tomatoes I've ever had. Go at sunset for a fantastic view.

Atlanta
“I think they got me mixed up with a VIP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I went to Eddie V's last month because of the great reviews on TA. At that time, it was #5 on TA. We booked on a Saturday night, so we knew we would probably have to wait a few minutes, even with a reservation. We were right, but we went to the upstairs lounge and got the last available seat. Lucky us, it was right next to where the musicians were setting up. We got to hear one song before they called us for our table. I liked the jazz, but dinner awaited.
I didn't request a special table, but they seated us at what appeared to me to be one of the best tables in the house -- looking right over the ocean. I couldn't believe it - it being a Saturday night. The hostess was especially sweet and the waiter was one of those rare finds -- he truly went out of his way to make us feel special. This wasn't just a dinner; it was an experience. About halfway through the meal, I turned to my husband and commented that I believed they got us mixed up with some VIP, the service was that good. I kid you not.
For a starter, we had the lobster bisque and the sherry on the side made it excellent. I had the scallops as the entree and my husband had the lobster. Both were superb. I was too full for dessert, but they sounded great. If and when I ever get back to La Jolla, this place will be first on my list.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Best burgers & fries!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The view was awesome. Burgers were the best.
Staff very friendly. Bathroom very pretty and clean.
Whole restaurant was pretty. Would love to eat here again.

Visited September 2012