“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rome, Georgia, United States
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Fantastic hotel! We stayed 7 nights and enjoyed every bit of it. Valet parking was great and housekeeping was top notch. I only wish that we could have been given more wash cloths. We had plenty of towels but only 3 wash cloths and 4 guests. This is something all hotels really need to work on so I still give 5 stars!! Beautiful location. Easy to find. It's very close to I5. Will definitely stay again!

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Flew out to meet my wife while she worked in San Diego and stayed at the Hilton in beautiful La Jolla. Massive, elegant hotel situated right in front of the Torrey Pines South Course. Gorgeous hotel with a gorgeous sunset view. Be sure to check out the Gliderport cliffs just to the south.

Stayed April 2015
rhode island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed four days at the Hilton and were very pleased with it. I had joined my spouse at the end of a business meeting and we were able to get the corporate rate for our stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were excellent and the bedding was great quality. Although there was a large wedding party while we were there, we never were disturbed by noise or crowding. We liked having a Starbucks in the lobby as an alternative to the full breakfast offered by the hotel in the dining room. The dining room has a full bar and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is a lovely terrace overlooking the pool and a view of the ocean and golf course where you can have a drink or a meal. The food was okay but nothing special. The property is within walking distance of the Torrey Pine Preserve. There is valet parking or you can park your car in their garage all for a fee. Most hotels in the area charge for parking. I would recommend this hotel for the comfort and the views, as well as the access to hiking trails. It's a short drive from the freeway and we found it a relaxing location after driving around sight seeing in San Diego.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Kaitlyn W, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the views of the ocean and Torrey Pines Golf Course. It is wonderful to hear you were able to check out the nearby hiking trails at Torrey Pines State Reserve. We appreciate your wonderful feedback and we hope you will visit us again soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The HIlton Torrey pines is a beautiful property . Almost all the rooms can has an oeanview.
I come almost every year for my birthday. The staff is accomadating and very friendly .
The room are very nice Andy well appointed . I enjoy the happy hour at the sports bar , good value. This is a very relaxing place to stay for a night or a week. Very close by to all major sites of San Degio.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the pool rooms as they can be loud .
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are glad you had a relaxing stay with us and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed Happy Hour at Torreyana Lounge. Happy Birthday and we can't wait for your next visit!
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Take it as you will but after traveling for 10 Hours from the east coast and getting in late I was angry. First of all it is ridiculous that a Hilton of this caliber has no vending machine or somewhere to get a snack or beverage past 11:00pm. I was looking for a snack after traveling all day on Friday when I arrived at the hotel at 10:30pm, all I had was 2 bottles of water. After going to my room and then searching for a machine I headed to the front desk. I asked the agent at the desk where I could find a vending machine and she said we don't have them. I replied your kidding and her response in her smug voice was does it look like I'm kidding? I was shocked at her response and was speechless for a moment. I then asked to speak with the supervisor and after speaking with her she was able to go to Banquets and get me 3 cans of soda which she gave them complimentary. She also stated that she would be awarding me 10,000 points. Which ok so you gave me points and 3 cans of soda. I don't want anything else but I need to know how can a property of that size and location not have anything for their guests once the shop closes? I have never been to a property that doesn't sell some sort of snack at the front desk. I will not return to that property anytime soon. I am scheduled to be at Torrey Pines in September and I can tell you I won't be staying there. I will most likely take myself to the Hilton Del Mar.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for the poor level of service you encountered at the front desk while staying at our hotel. We will take your comments regarding snacks under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Again, we sincerely apologize and assure you that your business is of great importance to us. We hope you will consider staying with us again in September.
Woodinville, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Loved sitting out by the pool, enjoying the view of the golf course and beyond. Beautiful setting for the pool with plants, lounge chairs and lots of space to relax without being packed like sardines. Pool area, though, DID NOT have poolside food/drink service but you can go up to the outside patio that sits just up the stairs above the pool for a nice outdoor lunch. Hotel is adjacent to several trail options for hiking and biking with maps provided at front desk and concierge station. Views on trails were great and trails are relatively flat overlooking coast so a nice hike. Hotel room was nicely appointed but some of the fixtures needed to be attended to and reported that to front desk. Wasn't a big deal but just more of an attention to detail item. No resort fee (YEA) but there is a self parking fee and WIFI fee which I find frustrating.. Would definitely stay here again. Also, very very close to lots of restaurant options in Torrey Pines and La Jolla.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Kaitlyn W, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for sharing your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed relaxing by the pool overlooking Torrey Pines Golf Course and hiking at the nearby Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve. The views from both are spectacular! We understand the cost of parking and Wi-Fi frustrated you. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We can't wait until your next visit!
Brantford, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We were there for a conference. Of course, golf was involved, so all the golfers loved the hotel, and who can blame them? It is a beautiful location right on a beautiful golf course. We took advantage of the hotel's proximity to Torrey Pines State Park several times, which was also a wonderful perk. The pool area is lovely and there were always towels available any time I was there. The fitness room is well stocked with a variety of machines.

That being said, the hotel could improve its service, especially given the expectations that travellers have when staying in a Hilton property. When we arrived around 1 pm in the afternoon, which I acknowledge is before check in time, we were informed that the hotel was closed for a private function until 3 p.m. We were not allowed to leave our bags or even enter the property.
So, after a 5 hour flight and an hour's drive, we had to find another place to go without even a chance to freshen up. Luckily the town of La Jolla is nearby and lovely. Changing from winter clothes into capris and a t-shirt while in the car wasn't awkward at all.

We had booked a room with a king sized bed, and when we arrived for the second time, closer to 4:30, we were told no king rooms were available and were offered a double bed room with a view instead. We were exhausted, so we took it. The "view" was a patch of bushes beyond which was a nice courtyard, but on the first floor all we could see were bushes.

There were numerous "little things" that affected my impressions as well, such as waiting too long for a restaurant bill, loud water pipes, public events with loud music outside our room, unpredictable housekeeping services, etc. If any one of those things had occurred I wouldn't think twice, but there were numerous things. It was not a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views and less noise from pipes.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We apologize for the inconvenience upon your arrival and the numerous other issues you encountered during your stay, such as the slow restaurant service, the loud music, and the unpredictable housekeeping services. We understand your frustrations and we will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Been to Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines? Share your experiences!