“Lounge” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Lounge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Me and my husband come to the Hotel lounge for 20 years, I live in Del Mar and my husband used to work nearby..so I guess we can call ourselves "regulars".
Last year I had a back surgery that ended up with some complications so we didn't stop by at the hotel for 3 or 4 months. In January when I finally came back I was welcomed by our server Yula with the warmest hug, she seemed genuinely happy to see us and that made me feel special. She has been our waitress for several years and It was great to feel so welcomed in one of our favorite places. Thank you, Helen.

Room Tip: nice atmosphere
Green Features: We are only familiar with the restaurant...but this website requires me to write 50 characters , sorry I wish I could write more about it
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Woodstock, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was here in February for 4 days of meetings. The grounds and common areas are absolutely beautiful and the restaurant/bar are very nice. The rooms are a little dated. The worst thing was the lack of electrical outlets. I did discover that the nightstand had a "power strip" but it was hit or miss as to whether it would work or not. Staff was very nice, rooms were quiet. The sliding glass door was incredibly heavy and LOUD when opening and closing. Being from the Eastern Time Zone, I was usually up by 4 or 5 AM and liked to go out on the balcony to enjoy coffee. I probably woke up half the building (and got quite a work out) even as I attempted to quietly open and close the door.

Nice hotel overall.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Samira M, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We are happy you enjoyed our property. We will share your review with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here on personal business.

PROS:
Large rooms
Very clean
Comfortable beds
Decent linens
Plenty of hot water
Huge, oversized bath towels
Good bathroom amenities
Good bathroom lighting
Excellent, attentive customer service
Shuttle to nearest hospital (make sure you know which hospital you are going to; my hospital was further away and required two trips with Uber each day. Approximate cost $7)
Great deal to airport with EZShuttle - only $18 plus tip. Much less than a cab ride.
Well stocked gift shop onsite for sodas, snacks
Nice bar on first floor - very busy in the evenings
Pool, fitness center, coffee shop all available although I did not have time to use them
Large, wide screen HD television with decent channel selection
Iron and hair dryer both worked well
Balcony rooms available with pretty view

CONS:
Weak water pressure
Lousy shower head - seriously needs adjustment/replacement
Wifi is extra
In room fridge is not adjustable temperature wise and is only so-so at keeping things cold
Hilton Honors floor (4th) appears to be nothing special - no robes, etc.

I would absolutely stay again. Very quiet, got a great night's sleep. Excellent mattress/bed.

Don't hesitate to book this hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Samira M, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, today
Thank you for sharing your review with us on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and had a comfortable visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Revere, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the Hilton Torrey Pines for a business meeting. On the final night, the awards banquet was held. That evening was especially fun due to the fantastic and very professional service provided by our server, Ildiko Kelemen. Not only was her service very efficient, her personality and humor made for a very enjoyable evening.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your event. See you next time!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Excellent view of the ocean, the service great, we attended a magnificent wedding for my son and daughter in law and we stayed at the hotel. Everything was excellent, the cocktail hour at the pool and then the dinner at the salon. Food was great and open bar. Music everything they made for the couple was very satisfactory.

We had the photos taken outside the hotel, wonderful photos.

You are very close to La Jolla stores for shopping, dining, supermarket and everything in 5 min. by car.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Congratulations on your son's wedding! We are so very happy to hear his wedding at our hotel was wonderful and memorable. We will share your review with our team. Say hello to the newlyweds for us!
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We are not golfers but appreciated the Beautiful view of the Torrey Pines golf course with the Pacific Ocean in the backdrop...breath taking sunsets! It was a short walk to the Torrey Pines State reserve where we accessed a trail head to some great hiking down to the beach and some stunning views. We are Hilton Honors members and were staying at this location for a family gathering of which many were not loyalty members. They noted the unexpected additional costs such as wifi and the breakfast buffet....which was plentiful and delicious (including an omelette chef) but was approx $25/person each day and quickly added up. As loyalty members we did not have these additional charges but it might be useful to be aware of them...

Stayed January 2015
Thank you for your review Renea! We are happy your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed our hotel and amenities. See you next time!
Deerfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Chose the Hilton Torrey Pines for a recent business trip to the La Jolla/San Diego area. This is certainly a good property with a nice feel in the common areas and rooms. I wasn't there to golf nor to visit the university - which I think are the only reasons that I would be back.

Location. Great if you're on vacation for golf or to visit UCSD. Otherwise, it's not located particular close to anything and is about 2 miles from I-5 and about a 15 minute drive from the shops/restaurants of La Jolla.

Layout. The self-park garage was far from the rooms. The hallways have low ceilings and, frankly, while nice, felt like a long dormitory hall. Take the stairs between floors - faster than the elevators. Room was nicely appointed, bed very comfortable and work area efficient (bring a flashlight to find the power outlets!).

Up-Charges. While not unique to nicer hotels, I am always dismayed at the price for self-parking at a suburban property - in this case +$26 per night. I parked on the 2nd level (which, btw, smelled like garbage day and night). Then there's the +$9.95 for the lowest level of wifi. So, that's +$36/nt on top of the price you see and compare to other properties.

Tried room service one night and the meal was good (just forgot the bread that was promised). The coffee bar in the lobby was fast, tasty and efficient.

Staff at the front desk were good although I would prefer 2 people there during peak times of morning and evening. I also had a maintenance issue in my room with no water pressure in the shower. Fixed itself one morning but on the morning of my quick departure, I couldn't take a shower. No time to call maintenance but I did report to the front desk upon check out.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We will share your review with our team in efforts to help improve the guest experience. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Been to Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines? Share your experiences!