“Location and views!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Edgewater, New Jersey
“Location and views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Rooms were excellently serviced, from the bathroom amenities to the comfortable mattress. Wi-Fi in room is additional. We had an emergency and had to leave earlier than planned. The staff were very accommodating and super understanding!! If back in the area we would definitely stay here!
We walked around the property and hiked a few trails. It was perfect. Also, the lunch on the terrace when we first arrived was delicious as well!! We attended a wedding here as well. The outdoor ceremony and reception were excellent!! What a lovely venue for a wedding! Although not golfers, this is where Tiger Woods played and won his 3rd US Open in 2008.

Room Tip: A room with a golf course and ocean view. There are balconies but we just went outside.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Hi, stayed at the hotel for a business conference last week. Rooms are in excellent condition, renovated. Hotel cannot be be better located as next to Torrey Pines Golf course. I travel a lot and I can say that this hotel is one of the best I have seen. Service is excellent. Specifically at the hotel bar where Mandy, our server, paid attention to everyone's requests. She even offered a free dessert for my birthday. Way to go Mandy!

Sykesville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Background: our travel office selected this hotel for me based on its proximity to where I was working , as there were no hotels within the government per-diem rate nearby. I was here for 19 days.

It was one of the lousier hotel experiences I have had in a long time.

Service: I was not notified when packages and mail were delivered to the hotel for me, but had to track them down. I have stayed at Holiday Inn Expresses, that put such materials in my room, yet this Hilton could not even leave me a message.

I was unable to get a luggage cart to move equipment to my car unescorted. One has to use the bell-hop to move anything one cannot hand carry. Hotel policy. While it may be nice to have that service available if one needs it, it should not be forced down your throat.

You have to pay to park here, and the cost is ridiculous. There is little difference between the park it yourself fee and the valet parking fee; all parking is listed as valet parking on the bill, which makes it extremely hard to justify to your travel accountants as it looks like you splurged.

Trash was routinely left in my room, and not removed on a daily basis. The red swizzle stick that was on the floor when I arrived was still there when I left. The cleaning staff used the bedside clock radio while they were in the room, and left it on all day when they left, so you come back to whatever they were interested in listening to.

The fancy glass panels that enclosed the shower were ineffective; it was impossible to take a shower without splashing a significant amount of water all over the bathroom floor. The bathroom door juts out into the walk-way into the room when left open; moronic design layout.

Room service prices were exorbitant. $23 for a cheeseburger? Really? I bought a case of bottled water in a grocery store for what they charged for a bottle of it in their lobby store. It is impossible to live on government per-diem rates if you eat at this hotel.

This is an isolated, resort style facility. The only things within walking distance are bio-tech firms and a hospital. You either have to go out to eat or eat here. I have reviewed the restaurant elsewhere on this site; I went once and would not return.

The "business" center is two computers in the open lobby area with no privacy. Both internet and cell service in the room were intermittently available and slow when they were available. Outlets are few and far between.

My room (as most do) overlooked a garden area that was frequently used for outdoor conference events. These often featured bands oft music that played too loud, too late. They cater here to their conference people, not to their hotel guests.

This hotel does not feature express checkout. You have to go to the front desk to get your bill. Although I discussed it with the front desk the evening before I checked out, my bill was not available when I left, and they were not able to provide it until they emailed it to me while on was on a flight half-way across the country. The bill should be available at anytime the customer wants to see it, at the front desk, so it can be reviewed, discussed and disputed if necessary in person, before the guest leaves. If you have a cross country flight out of San Diego earlier than 0700, you will not be able to get a bill here in timely enough fashion to make it to the airport for your flight. This and this alone is an utter failure of the most basic responsibility of any lodging.

This facility does not remotely meet the standard that Conrad Hilton set for his hotels. It was an embarrassment across the board. Absolutely no way I would stay here again or recommend this facility to anyone. Stay somewhere else. This was 19 days of misery.

Room Tip: Choose one at another hotel.
Green Features: Environmentally friendly practices? In this drought stricken region of California, the towels and linens were exchanged every day, regardless of whether one hung them up or not. I did see some LED light bulbs….
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I traveled here for a conference and the Hotel was great. The room was clean and planned out great for working. The Hotel catered our meals because of the conference and we had breakfast and Lunch outside. I never had to talk to any staff while I was there but that's a good thing since nothing went wrong.

Mason, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at this property March 31 - April 3rd while attending a conference. I arrived around noon. My room was not ready yet. The desk clerk suggested that I get some lunch, etc. I did. I came back about 2 hours later and a different desk clerk said that the room was still not ready. This time I was told that check in was not until 4pm. I waited in the lobby area. I went to the front desk to ask a few times but my room was not ready until after 5pm. NOT HAPPY!!! Also, I'm a Hilton Honors member and I was supposed to receive bottled water at check in. I had to call and have it brought to me.

Management did end up giving me a complimentary fruit and wine try which I appreciated.

The property itself is very nice. My room was modern, clean and comfortable. I did eat at the restaurant and ordered room service during my stay. Both were decent.

The view of the ocean from the lobby was awesome! My room unfortunately faced a parking lot and side of the building.

The conference space was nice and banquet/conference staff were helpful. The Bell staff was more helpful than the front desk. The conference included internet access which was easy to access and available in my room.

While I did not feel good about my check in process, I enjoyed the rest of my stay. I would give the hotel a second chance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for leaving your feedback. We apologize the check-in process was less than acceptable, but we are happy you enjoyed your guest room and our property. We hope to welcome you back to Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines the next time you are in the area.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I can't say enough about how great the staff and hotel is. From the moment we arrived in valet everyone was warm and friendly. The room and view was amazing. The golf ocean view is worth a little extra. Thank you to everyone for making our stay extra special.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your kind review via TripAdvisor! So wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our staff and accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was traveling for business with my husband and 11 yr old. I would recommend for business but not a kid friendly atmosphere. The rooms were spacious with up to date decor. I would recommend asking for an outer room for better views. We had a view of the cigarette bud tray from our room by conference area. We couldn't open door due to the horrible smell of smoke when we did.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay. Please let us know the next time you may be experiencing any discomfort and we will do our best to fix the situation. We strive on providing a comfortable and relaxing environment for our guests. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in La Jolla.

Been to Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines? Share your experiences!