“Scenic Beauty with Delightful Sunsets” 5 of 5 stars

Family Fun Package
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
GreenLeadersSilver level
DeSoto, Texas
“Scenic Beauty with Delightful Sunsets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent a long weekend at this hotel and it was delightful. Courteous and helpful staff, great location close to San Diego and spacious rooms. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent 5 star review and for choosing us as your San Diego hotel destination. I am delighted to know that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the courteous and attentive service that you received from the team. Thank you for your recommendation to our future guests and we look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This beautiful hotel is conveniently located close to the Torrey Pines Golf Course, UCSD University, art museum, etc. as well as the beach. Great for conventions or just a family outing. The rooms are large and clean. Garden and swimming pool area are relaxing and provide an excellent view of the ocean. Good food and drinks in the lounge for happy hour.

Room Tip: Ground floor has bush enclosed patio while upper floors have a better view but no privacy on the pat...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you loved our convenient and serene location nestled on the famous Torrey Pines Golf Course and overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I am pleased to learn that you were impressed with your large and brand new guest room as well as the delicious food and drinks in our Torreyana Lounge. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We love the Hilton at Torrey Pines. We have stayed there twice. The price is exceptional for the area. The views are just beautiful. You can walk to the Torrey Pines Park and Hiking trails in 10 minutes which has even more spectacular views. You can be at the Torrey Pine Beach in 20 minutes if you walk and about 5-10 if you drive. Ask for a room toward the end (away from the main building) of one of the hallways. I believe the views are better from there. You can be in La Jolla for dinning within 10-15 minutes. Great location for outdoor fun, and we don't even golf.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review. I am overjoyed to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that you felt our location was perfect for your travel needs. I am pleased to learn that you took advantage of all the amazing outdoor activities surrounding the property and that you love our hotel so much that this was your second visit. We truly appreciate your loyalty and recommendations to our future guests and we look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit.
Agoura Hills, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This property is beautiful...offering a lovely ocean view. Nice bar, and centrally located near golf course. We went to Harry's Bar & Grill while we were here, but had drinks in the bar area and out on the patio which was lovely.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed with the property as well as the amazing views. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your time at our Torreyana Lounge and that you were delighted by the drinks and service you received while visiting. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

For a hotel located in the middle of nowhere to charge $25/night for self parking seems outrageous when every other hotel offers it complimentary. There is no way to get to this hotel unless you drive, so I find it ironic. We swam at the pool which was nice, but the hot-tub in the spa had so much chlorine it was foaming over, burning our nostrils and basically forced us to leave after just a few minutes. Overall the rooms were clean, comfortable beds, and recently remodeled. If you expect a complimentary breakfast, think again. They charge $28 for scrambled eggs.

No thanks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spacious and comfortable guest room and that you appreciated the amenities we offer our guests. I am sincerely sorry that the hot tub had too much chlorine in it. I will be sure to let our team know so that can be adjusted. I am very sorry that the parking fee was higher than you would have preferred and that you were displeased with the breakfast you ordered. For future reference we do have a full breakfast buffet for just $20 that includes a vast selection of fruits, cereals, yogurts and fresh baked breakfast breads, hot items and made-to-order eggs and omelets, juices, coffee or tea. This option may suit you better as it has a variety of options including eggs. Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to San Diego.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Staff was not helpful; no bellman upon arrival; check in did not have our reservation and falsely said they were sold out; confusion over room charge and inappropriately charged credit card; tv did not work; lack of towels and toiletries; charged for absolutely everything - WiFi ($15.99 per night unless you wanted to go down to use it free in the lobby!); charged for self parking (waved for us because our reservation was cancelled); card key to garage for self parking worked less than 25% of the time; staff was not helpful. A bottle of water in the room was $5.50. Seriously? There is a coffee Keurig in the room, however, hidden in the cabinet only found by searching (no information identifying its location); also extra electrical outlets underneath and inside the dresser top which required searching (found only because the electrical engineer happened to mention it when he came to fix the television) Do not recommend this hotel to any traveler. It is not guest/user friendly. Not a nice experience for this chain of hotels which has built its reputation on years of taking care of guests.

Room Tip: If you ignore the advice and decide you must stay here, definitely request "golf course view&qu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. I am sincerely sorry that there were many aspects of your stay that you were displeased with and that your reservation was incorrect upon arrival. I am very sorry for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay and that you felt frustrated with the service you received. I would like to discuss with you in further detail what we can do to correct some of the issues you experienced and do what’s necessary to make it right. Can you please email me directly at katie.ellison@hilton.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you!
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This location was out of the way for me but I reserved anyway because I was advised that it was a really nice Hilton property. The best in San Diego according to some. I was not impressed. The front desk person assured me that I had one of the best rooms with a straight on ocean view. When I get to my room I check out the view. It is a lovely view of the golf course and trees. But I can barely see the ocean through the trees. I would have been perfectly happy with the golf course view if I had not been promised a full ocean view.

The next thing I notice is there are no towels in the room. Not a single one. I call and get that resolved but I just feel like the room was not fully cleaned. There are signs the housekeeping staff will leave when they have finished the room. LIke folding a triangle on the toilet tissue or kleenex. None of this was done.

I have a drink in my room. The next day when I come back from work the empty glass is still there. There are a few other small things like that throughout my stay. The final straw is when I decide to call guest services to give feedback about the many little things that were wrong in my room. The woman that I spoke to tried to argue every point with me. Even though I repeatedly said "I didn't call to debate or argue with you. I'm just giving you feedback on where your housekeeping staff fell short as I view it as a training opportunity". I finally gave up trying to talk to this woman and decided to write a review instead.

This property is dated and not up to the usual Hilton standards. I don't see it getting any better if they are not willing to take feedback from guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our future guests. I am sincerely sorry that there were some aspects of your stay that you were displeased with and that you felt frustrated when trying to you relay your constructive feedback to our management team. I want to assure you that our entire team, including our housekeeping team, does their best to ensure that each and every guest is well taken care of and that their needs are met throughout their stay. I am very sorry that you didn’t feel you received the type of service that you should have. I agree with you that there is always room for improvement and we want to make sure that our guests’ needs and concerns are addressed so that we can work on such issues. I want you to know that I do appreciate your feedback and I will make sure that our Director of Housekeeping is informed so that these concerns can be addressed with the team. Thank you for your review and I do hope that you come see us again for a visit on your next trip to San Diego.

Been to Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines? Share your experiences!