My boyfriend and I had a most excellent stay here! We checked in on this past Sunday and stayed until this Tuesday. From our arrival we were greeted by Benny, the Bell Captain who along with the rest of his Bell staff took care of us from "go". We were allowed to check in early to a Junior Suite 102 which had a beautiful view of the Ocean located at the end of the street. Our suite was located out in a building separate from the main hotel and off the pool area. Just around the corner from the front desk. Our suite was large had a separate sitting area with a flat screen TV and a small fridge under the counter which had plenty of cabinet space. 2 sinks one in the bathroom and one in the counter where the fridge was. Luxurious Bathrobes that I ABSOLUTELY wanted (will put on my birthday list :) Bellman "Dan" scooted us over to a local restaurant in the hotel golf cart... they will offer to take you just about anywhere and will also return to pick you up.
Service at the Front Desk was exceptional, friendly, courteous and consistently above and beyond helpful! I commend who ever does the hiring here because they have done a Fantastic job of hiring people that either love their job and sincerely want you to enjoy your stay or they do a great job in faking it LOL
Hotel is located within walking distance of all the quaint shops, it has it's own restaurant but we were not impressed with the menu... we did however take advantage of the happy hour deal the appetizers were tasty and 1/2 off as was their signature cocktail "Orange Crush". The day before the boyfriend ordered a "Cloud 9" that was the BOMB! and I got my favorite "Lemon Drop" both were flavorful but I must say this was the only place I was not impressed with the Bar Service it took a while for our appetizers to arrive and they were not as attentive as the rest of the hotel staff had been =/
All and all a very nice place to drop in during the week we get the impression that weekends here (like most places) are a zoo. Parking on the street down the hill is free so don't spend the $22.00 on valet just find a spot on the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West.Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). Complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is also available in each of the guest rooms and suites and throughout all public spaces.Over 5,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor, ocean-view meeting and special event space beckons those groups seeking the intimacy and personalized service of a boutique property – all against a backdrop of La Jolla’s ocean vistas.A heated outdoor pool, valet parking, complimentary bottled water, bathrobes and evening turndown service are just a few of the luxuries guests will enjoy.On-site is the acclaimed NINE-TEN Restaurant, offering the perfect combination of sophistication and casual elegance. Led by Chef Jason Knibb (a 2011 Iron Chef challenger) and Pastry Chef Rachel King, the restaurant’s Evolving California Cuisine features the best of the harvest from local artisan farmers where produce is selected daily. Recognized by ZAGAT as “exceptional to extraordinary”, NINE-TEN is also a winner of the 2012 Best Hotel Restaurant in San Diego award and boasts a Wine Spectator-awarded wine list. Breakfast and lunch are served daily and dinner is served nightly.With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla