My husband and I recently got married in San Diego, and chose the Grande Colonial as the primary hotel for our family and friends over the long weekend of festivities. This, hands down, was one of the best decisions we made in the entire wedding planning process.
The location, of course, can't be beat. The views from the hotel rooms, and the easy walking distance to all that La Jolla Village has to offer, were priceless. We reserved the entire building of suites known as "Little Hotel by the Sea" for our closest relatives to stay in all weekend. This meant we had full access to the rooftop lounge and stunning deck overlooking the Pacific. Truly stunning. Our friends and family were blown away. They raved about the accommodations. A number of friends and family also stayed in the main hotel building, and all reported fantastic stays.
Furthermore, the entire staff, including and especially Lauren Darmody (sales manager), were superb. They treated us so well, and were a real pleasure to work with. We even received a beautiful treat delivered to our suite the night of our wedding. Kind gestures and little details made our stay so enjoyable. Everyone from the valets to the housecleaning staff, front desk attendants and waiters at Sunday brunch were stellar. By the way, the food at the hotel restaurant Nine-Ten is fantastic. Rave reviews from family who stayed for brunch on Sunday.
All in all, we could not have asked for a more perfect wedding weekend, and the staff at the Grande Colonial played a big part in making us feel stress-free and well taken care of. I would highly recommend this hotel to any other couples searching for wedding weekend hotels for their nearest and dearest. Thank you Grande Colonial!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West.Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). Complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is also available in each of the guest rooms and suites and throughout all public spaces.Over 5,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor, ocean-view meeting and special event space beckons those groups seeking the intimacy and personalized service of a boutique property – all against a backdrop of La Jolla’s ocean vistas.A heated outdoor pool, valet parking, complimentary bottled water, bathrobes and evening turndown service are just a few of the luxuries guests will enjoy.On-site is the acclaimed NINE-TEN Restaurant, offering the perfect combination of sophistication and casual elegance. Led by Chef Jason Knibb (a 2011 Iron Chef challenger) and Pastry Chef Rachel King, the restaurant’s Evolving California Cuisine features the best of the harvest from local artisan farmers where produce is selected daily. Recognized by ZAGAT as “exceptional to extraordinary”, NINE-TEN is also a winner of the 2012 Best Hotel Restaurant in San Diego award and boasts a Wine Spectator-awarded wine list. Breakfast and lunch are served daily and dinner is served nightly.With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your The Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla