We spent three nights at the Grande Colonial. Had a "partial" ocean view that was really pretty good for the money. Staff were all very friendly. The rooms are older, but hey, the hotel was built in 1913. It's been updated and we did not hear our neighbors much, if at all. They had a wedding going on at the time and we didn't hear that either. Located in downtown La Jolla with plenty of good shops and places to eat nearby. We though the 25 dollar per day valet parking was a bit steep until we found that you can't park in La Jolla without it. All in all a great place that we will definitely come back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West.Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). Complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is also available in each of the guest rooms and suites and throughout all public spaces.Over 5,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor, ocean-view meeting and special event space beckons those groups seeking the intimacy and personalized service of a boutique property – all against a backdrop of La Jolla’s ocean vistas.A heated outdoor pool, valet parking, complimentary bottled water, bathrobes and evening turndown service are just a few of the luxuries guests will enjoy.On-site is the acclaimed NINE-TEN Restaurant, offering the perfect combination of sophistication and casual elegance. Led by Chef Jason Knibb (a 2011 Iron Chef challenger) and Pastry Chef Rachel King, the restaurant’s Evolving California Cuisine features the best of the harvest from local artisan farmers where produce is selected daily. Recognized by ZAGAT as “exceptional to extraordinary”, NINE-TEN is also a winner of the 2012 Best Hotel Restaurant in San Diego award and boasts a Wine Spectator-awarded wine list. Breakfast and lunch are served daily and dinner is served nightly.With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla