My husband, 2 teenage sons, and I enjoyed a long leisurely weekend at the Grande Colonial. Hadn't been to LaJolla in almost 10 yrs so I wasn't sure where to stay. The reviews on Tripadvisor made my decision easy. The property is just lovely and I can't wait to return. Stayed in a Jr. Suite with an ocean view. Felt like we were in our own little cottage. Room was very clean. Beds super comfortable and very little noise from other guests. Bathroom was beautiful. Towels - soooo soft! Nice Gilchrist & Soames bath amenities provided. Chocolates left at turn down service very good. Huge safe in room. I could go on and on.....
Pool area very clean and pretty. Water nice and warm. Plenty of towels. We were able to take a few with us each time we went to the beach. Location wonderful!
The Nine-Ten restaurant serves declicious breakfast and so inexpensive. Wish we had discovered it our first day rather than the last! Great Italian restaurant a few blocks away. You can literally park your car and walk everywhere; which was great for my teenagers. No safety concerns letting them go off and shop and eat on their own.
Not pleased with front desk assistant(s); however, the hotel Manager promptly addressed my concerns after the trip, when I e-mailed him. The rest of the staff very courteous, but that is to be expected in a good hotel. We stayed at the Peninsula in Chicago this summer, Four Seasons in Las Vegas and the Montage in LaGuna Beach. All 5 star properties. Our adorable suite and experience with The Grande Colonial was right up there with the best properties and I highly recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel
- Grande Colonial La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel.2013 is an especially exciting year for us as we celebrate our Centennial as the oldest original hotel in La Jolla. Those who visit and first pass under the Georgian arches and lead glass windows immediately have a sense that they’ve entered a place with a magical and storied past.For the past century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West.Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). Complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is also available in each of the guest rooms and suites and throughout all public spaces.Over 5,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor, ocean-view meeting and special event space beckons those groups seeking the intimacy and personalized service of a boutique property – all against a backdrop of La Jolla’s ocean vistas.A heated outdoor pool, valet parking, complimentary bottled water, bathrobes and evening turndown service are just a few of the luxuries guests will enjoy.On-site is the acclaimed NINE-TEN Restaurant, offering the perfect combination of sophistication and casual elegance. Led by Chef Jason Knibb (a 2011 Iron Chef challenger), the restaurant’s Evolving California Cuisine features the best of the harvest from local artisan farmers where produce is selected daily. Recognized by ZAGAT as “exceptional to extraordinary”, NINE-TEN is also a winner of the 2012 Best Hotel Restaurant in San Diego award and boasts a Wine Spectator-awarded wine list. Breakfast and lunch are served daily and dinner is served nightly.With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.