“awesome, awesome, awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 32 Activities in La Jolla
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience San Diego in style and comfort on our Hybrid Electric Bikes. Travel at speeds of up to 20mph and a range of 20 miles plus. We offer professionally guided tours covering La Jolla, San Diego, Balboa Park, Cabrillo Nat. Mon., and much more! Want to explore on your own? Our Electric Bikes give you the power and freedom to make heading out on your own a breeze. San Diego Fly Rides Tour Office is Located in La Jolla Village directly across from George's On The Cove. Whether you are joining us for an E-Bike Tour of a Rental we look forward to providing you with an experience second to none in San Diego!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Las Vegas, Nevada
“awesome, awesome, awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was my first time in san diego, I was told this was the thing to do if I needed an adventure. Boy was it awesome. Megan was patient and knowledgeable. I did the La Jolla tour and its just a beautiful town. This is the tour to do if you have problem choosing. I was the only one in the tour but they are about quality not quantity which i appreciated very much. Thank you so much for such a great time fly rides.

Visited October 2012

Jacksonville, Florida
“Don't Miss Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Definitely don't miss out on this experience if you are in San Diego. It was definitely the highlight of my trip. The bikes were AMAZING and I would say the Cadillac of electric bikes. I din't even break a sweat after a 2 1/2 hour bike tour of LaJolla and Mt Soledad. Ike was very warm and friendly and knowledgeable about the neighborhood and the history of the area. He stopped to show me a lot of interesting things that I would never even have known about if it wasn't for him. He was big on safety and definitely kept an eye out on his fellow riders at all times. I would highly recommend a tour with them and can't wait to go on another ride on my next trip to San Diego.

Lodi, California
11 attraction reviews
“Balboa Park with Garrett”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

While investigating things to do in San Diego, I saw the recommendations for this on tripadvisor and decided we should check it out. The reviews, I think, are spot on. They are friendly, accommodating, knowledgeable, and have a focus on safety. We just dropped in to their downtown office to see if there were any tours we could sign up for. I found Ike to be friendly and accommodating getting us set up for a tour that day. Although my husband and I were the only two signing up for the tour, he arranged for Garrett to come in and give us a tour. As we had a little time before our tour time, Ike gave us all kinds of recommendations of things to do in that amount of time we had and gave us a map and direction on how to get there. At tour time Garrett came and set us up with helmets, gave us bike operation orientation, and checked out our comfort level with riding an electric bike. I have to say it took me a little bit of time to get used to the bike. Of course my husband had no issues at all. But Garrett kept an eye out to make sure we were safe. Garrett always let us know where we were going, where we had to ride single file, where it may be a little bumpy, all while carry on a conversation and answering questions. Where there were interesting things to point out and stories to tell, we would stop so he could share them with us. There were many things we would not have known about in Balboa Park if we did the tour by ourselves without a guide. And with the bikes we saw quite a bit of the park.

Visited October 2012
Mississauga, Canada
“GREAT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Well organized. Great high quality bikes. Meaghan was very knowledgeable and friendly. Definitely worth a try.

Phoenix, AZ
6 attraction reviews
“Great Way to See Balboa Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Seeing San Diego on an electric bicycle is the only way to visit. Fly Rides has top notch bikes and Garrett, our guide, was entertaining, informative, very personable and very safety conscious. My husband and I enjoyed a 2 hour tour of Balboa Park and saw many things we had never seen before. We aren't serious bike riders and had no experience riding in the city, but Garrett made it a very easy and fun experience. We will definitely go back!