“Fantastic Tour Ride” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience San Diego in style and comfort on our Hybrid Electric Bikes. Travel at speeds of up to 20mph and a range of 20 miles plus. We offer professionally guided tours covering La Jolla, San Diego, Balboa Park, Cabrillo Nat. Mon., and much more! Want to explore on your own? Our Electric Bikes give you the power and freedom to make heading out on your own a breeze. San Diego Fly Rides Tour Office is Located in La Jolla Village directly across from George's On The Cove. Whether you are joining us for an E-Bike Tour of a Rental we look forward to providing you with an experience second to none in San Diego!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Fallbrook, California
“Fantastic Tour Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I planned a surprise date for my wife with a tour of La Jolla and Mt. Soledad with the San Diego Fly Rides and it was fantastic. This was an experience that my wife and I will always remember. The electric bikes are really fun to ride, very comfortable, and easy to operate. The hill climbing ability is amazing. The weather was perfect and I can’t say enough about how interesting and fun the tour leader made the day. I was very interested in riding an electric bicycle for myself as well as my wife. It looks like a normal bike, no motor hanging on the frame, and my wife really enjoyed the variety of peddling or not. Of course her favorite part was turning on the power to zip up the hills. I highly recommend taking a tour. You won’t regret it.

Visited June 2011

Palm Springs, California
“Excellent tour! We really enjoyed ourselves in the beautiful sun and fresh air in LaJolla!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

My teenage girls and I toured La Jolla and Mt. Soledad on our excursion. Ike was our tour guide and was absolutely FANTASTIC!!! He was very knowledgable as well as courteous and helpful. We felt safe at all times! We LOVED the electric bikes. They are like a cross between a bike and a moped. It made climbing Mt. Soledad EASY:-)
I loved being on bikes because although La Jolla was crowded that day, we could just zip through wherever we wanted to go and park our bikes anywhere. I definitely recommend this trip:-)

Visited July 2011
Vermont
“Fun and active way to appreciate the city of San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Megan and Ike genuinely love the city of San Diego and convey this feeling to you when you are on a fly rides tour with them. I have been to San Diego several times over the years, but taking this tour of Cabrillo and Pt. Loma brought me a new appreciation for the beauty of San Diego. Also I found that the electric assist bikes are a wonderful way to get exercise while also not being intimidated by hills, or of getting tired once I was out on the bike tour. If you are visiting San Diego and love bicycles I highly recommend that you take one of Megan and Ike's tours. I surely will take another the next time I visit San Diego!

Visited May 2011
Montpelier, Vermont
“My first experience in San Diego was well complimented with this intimate excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I had never been to San Diego before and only had a little time to experience the city and surroundings. I love cycling and wanted to rent a bicycle but didn't know where to start. When I saw the electric assist option for a rental, I had to try it out. Although I like to think that I could cover the mileage without the electric assist, in hindsight I found it quite valuable and fun! This type of cycling allowed me to pedal and use the electric assist at my convenience. Some of San Diego is quite hilly and the assist took away the laborious distraction of muscling up hills and allowing me to get up to speed in no time. Cycling is one thing, but touring the city is another. I also found Ike and Megan to be wonderful hosts and their extensive knowledge of San Diego was very informative. I don't think I could of had this experience without the electric assist or the Fazzio's as guides.

Visited May 2011
Merrillville, Indiana
“Ike and San Diego Fly Rides WAS AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was by far the BEST tour that I have been on.
It beats taking the traditional tour bus around a city where some guy just sits and talks.

Me and my girlfriend took a ride out with Ike one of the business owners.
He was very knowledgeable about San Diego and made us feel extremely welcome.
He even went out of his way to pick us up to bring us to the location where we started our tour from.

Riding the bikes were extremely fun and comfortable.
It provided a personal touch to the tour that standard tour bus type of tours can't give you.

Seriously, I would recommend this to anyone looking to learn about San Diego, as well as have fun.

Visited June 2011

Been to San Diego Fly Rides? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage San Diego Fly Rides, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.