“Ike and San Diego Fly Rides WAS AWESOME!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 32 Activities in La Jolla
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience San Diego in style and comfort on our Hybrid Electric Bikes. Travel at speeds of up to 20mph and a range of 20 miles plus. We offer professionally guided tours covering La Jolla, San Diego, Balboa Park, Cabrillo Nat. Mon., and much more! Want to explore on your own? Our Electric Bikes give you the power and freedom to make heading out on your own a breeze. San Diego Fly Rides Tour Office is Located in La Jolla Village directly across from George's On The Cove. Whether you are joining us for an E-Bike Tour of a Rental we look forward to providing you with an experience second to none in San Diego!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Merrillville, Indiana
“Ike and San Diego Fly Rides WAS AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was by far the BEST tour that I have been on.
It beats taking the traditional tour bus around a city where some guy just sits and talks.

Me and my girlfriend took a ride out with Ike one of the business owners.
He was very knowledgeable about San Diego and made us feel extremely welcome.
He even went out of his way to pick us up to bring us to the location where we started our tour from.

Riding the bikes were extremely fun and comfortable.
It provided a personal touch to the tour that standard tour bus type of tours can't give you.

Seriously, I would recommend this to anyone looking to learn about San Diego, as well as have fun.

Seattle
4 attraction reviews
“Way more fun than I could have imagined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

This was by far the most fun I had during my trip to San Diego. I brought my mom along with me on a business trip and she insisted we try out this motorized bike tour. I was a bit skeptical at first, but so glad we did it. Meghan picked us up at our hotel and along the way shared a ton of great info about San Diego. She showed us how to use the bikes, loaded us up with snacks, water and a map, and we set off towards Pacific Beach. It was SO much fun! Meghan and Ike were so personable and nice. I totally want to go their Mt. Soledad tour next time I'm in San Diego.

Carlsbad, California
14 attraction reviews
“Unbelievably fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I was sent a Groupon for San Diego Fly Rides. I was intrigued by the hybrid electric bikes and their ability to climb hills that might not be so enjoyable on a regular bike. I looked at the different options and chose the La Jolla and Mt. Soledad tours. I also yelped and tripadvisored it to see what others were saying. Seemed like the consensus was good, so I bought a tour for 4.

We started out at a beach park and had about 15 minutes orientation from Ike. He handed out snacks and water. The bikes were easy to get used to and very comfortable. We meandered through amazing La Jolla neighborhoods and then began our climb up Mt. Soledad. Boy, was it ever nice to have that little motor! If you peddled a bit up the hill, with little or no exertion, you increased your speed. It wasn't long after that that we were all inquiring about buying a bike! All throughout the tour we stopped while Ike gave us the details or histories of places we were whizzing through. He let us choose our pace. He was funny and helpful and just everything you would want in a guide. We rolled down to La Jolla cove and then through some very tony streets. All in all, it was 3 hours from meeting time to jumping off the bikes for the last time. I would definitely do this again and would think it would be a great thing for people visiting San Diego to do. The bikes allow you to cover a lot of ground. What a great find!

Abilene, Texas
“San Diego Fly Rides alone made our vacation worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I cannot speak highly enough of San Diego Fly Rides! Ike and Megan could not have been nicer or more fun to go on the tour with. The only thing I would change is the fact that we only had time to go on one of the tours. The scenery was incredible, the information Ike gave us was awesome, and the equipment was pristine! The bikes were so cool, and easy to use. The throttles had a lot more 'get-up-and-go' than I expected, and made it up the hills with no effort on our part.

The Fly Rides tour was definitely the highlight of my trip; we saw some of the most beautiful beaches and scenery I have ever seen. We would have missed out on the best pictures of our trip had we not gone on the tour... A big thanks to Ike and his photography skills! :)

If you can only take one tour while you are in San Diego, make it Fly Rides... I guarantee you will not be disappointed!! I wish we could have done all the tours!

Visited May 2011
new york
“The Best Way to explore, travel and commute!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

What a wonderful way to spend a warm afternoon and tour the city. Our hosts, Ike and Megan were very gracious, personable and knowledgeable. We would definitely recommend either a guided tour or simply taking these amazing bikes out for a spin all on your own! We live in Manhattan and plan to purchase an izip to get us to work, way faster than bus, train or even car!!