“Great way to try something new and see San Diego!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 32 Activities in La Jolla
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience San Diego in style and comfort on our Hybrid Electric Bikes. Travel at speeds of up to 20mph and a range of 20 miles plus. We offer professionally guided tours covering La Jolla, San Diego, Balboa Park, Cabrillo Nat. Mon., and much more! Want to explore on your own? Our Electric Bikes give you the power and freedom to make heading out on your own a breeze. San Diego Fly Rides Tour Office is Located in La Jolla Village directly across from George's On The Cove. Whether you are joining us for an E-Bike Tour of a Rental we look forward to providing you with an experience second to none in San Diego!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
San Diego, California
“Great way to try something new and see San Diego!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to try out electric bikes. We had an amazing time with Megan and Ike. They are friendly, easy going, and informative. There were a lot of beautiful places that we stopped to take pictures and soak in the sights- and some that we would have never been able to see on our own.
After the tour, we were so excited we made plans to rent them again! They are really fun and go faster then a regular bicycle. Whether you are a tourist or live in San Diego, everyone should experience the city on an electric bike.

Visited April 2011

Portland, Oregon
“Best tour I have been on hands down! A bargain at twice the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I have been to San Diego numerous times over the years and have done every tour there is; from yacht cruises on the bay, the old town trolley, Paul Blart Segway strolls, and Gaslamp walking tours the So Cal Riviera e-bike tour at San Diego Fly Rides was by far the most exhilarating and fun of them all. I had never been on an electronic bike and it was amazingly effortless and the best way to cover a lot of ground in the beautiful crisp San Diego air without breaking a sweat. In addition, it is always great to come across a young family business. Husband and wife owners Ike and Megan Fazzio are a passionate and amiable young couple who make you feel at home and have you laughing the whole tour. This tour is great for people of all ages and is a great value for your dollar. San Diego Fly Rides is a premier tour experience!

Visited March 2011
San Diego, California
“Easy, Fun and Effortless Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Ike and megan, the owners of San Diego Fly Rides, are amazing! They have really taken their time to select and formulate tours that are very different, but yet still showcase San Diego's finest places.

They take you out on super retro electric bikes. these bikes are great because if you want to work at it and pedal, then you can... but if you want to go really fast or not work very heard you press a button and the battery does the work for you (which yes, is very handy at mountains and hills). We zoomed up many hills in no time!

A group of couples went recently on a tour of La Jolla... we started at Mt. Soledad and rode to La Jolla and stopped at a few key places for some site seeing and also historical stories/references. They are very flexible on the ride and if there is any detours that you want to make, they're totally open to it and even encourage you to be vocal about what you want.

After riding along the beaches (and even looking at all of the seals at seal beach, how awesome?!) We rode through the hills of the La Jolla community and enjoyed looking at all of the beautiful homes and scenery/views. After that, we took some backroads back to Mt. Soledad and ended up with a tasty spread of meats and cheeses and fruit... and wine of course! They really made the whole experience pleasant, laid-back and still adventurous at the same time.

I would recommend the tour for someone who's never seen San Diego, or even for someone who's a native! It's just an overall cool thing to do.

I'm definitely doing another one soon!

Visited March 2011
San Diego
3 attraction reviews
“Great tour, e-bikes are fun and easy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Wow, this tour was so much fun!!! I live in San Diego and wanted to take my out of town guests to see Balboa Park. The Spanish Twist tour took us to parts I had not seen before and we learned a lot about Balboa Park's history. Our guides Megan and Ike were attentive and made the tour fun for me and my friends. The bikes were easy to operate and it was great to climb hills will no effort. If you are visiting or a local, I would highly recommend San Diego Fly Rides to experience San Diego's beautiful weather and scenery. Next time I will take their SoCal Riviera tour of La Jolla!

Visited February 2011