“Glorious experience!” 5 of 5 stars

858-888-3509
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Harvard Cookin' Girl: La Jolla's First and Best Cooking School. We not only teach weekly classes on ethnic cuisine, but we also specialize in kids' birthday parties, corporate team building events, girls' nights out, adults' birthday parties, supper clubs, one on one classes, kids' chef series, and so much more! Come expand your palette and ignite your senses at Harvard Cookin' Girl!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
“Glorious experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

In La Jolla - you must come her and experience Bibi and her team. The energy and warmth that she displays while cooking is infectious and absolutely wonderful. Go now!!

Visited July 2013

San Diego, California
“Healthy Meals for Healthy Brain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My group of six had a fun time learning how to prepare delicious, healthy meals with Bibi and Robin yesterday. Our corporate event with HCG was to encourage our staff to eat better for overall well-being.

Bibi was very professional and accommodating to individuals' needs. She was very attentive to our requests, though I felt bad for last minute adjustments (things happen, I guess). With the skills Bibi and Robin acquire, they came up with options. Everything was well-prepared, we started on time, and finished right on schedule (aligned with our corporate motto). Overall, my team had a great time.

Visited June 2013
San Diego
5 attraction reviews
“Very fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Besides having a great time with an intimate group (5), the food that was prepared for our Persian cooking lesson was delicious (much better than the home cooked Persian food I've had from a relative). The use of very high quality spices, the fun atmosphere and easy chatter then the delicious meal....it was great. Good location in downtown La Jolla but great parking. Brought our own wine which enhanced the wonderful social aspect of the lesson.

Visited May 2013
City of Industry, California
“Culinary Vacation with my 20 year old son”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I booked our culinary vacation through Epitourean and had the pleasure of meeting Bibi, the owner/operator of Harvard Cookin' Girl. We spent two days, cooking 6 different delicious entrees, main course, and dessert. My son, who has done some cooking, but has only cooked basic meals, was wowed by being introduced to food that he would have never tried before. He "hates" avocados, and when Bibi had him prepare and Avocado - Key Lime dessert, the look of "oh my gosh this is the best thing I have ever eaten..." spread from ear to ear. He had also never tried dates before and loved them. For my son to tell his mother, "Mom this is the best vacation we have ever been on..." (mind you we have visited Europe, the Hawaiian Islands, and 45 states in the United States), that tells me that a cooking vacation is the way to go. Thank you Harvard Cookin' Girl, especially Bibi...for making our trip to La Jolla an everlasting memory. And I loved it so much I am booking a corporate event for my office and their spouses. See you soon...Toni

Visited March 2013
LJHCG, Owner at Harvard Cookin' Girl, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Toni- Thank you so much for your review and so sorry for an overdue response and thank you note. I have been working single handedly for a while and missed responding to my dear customers. Please stay connected with us to see new and exciting dishes and pictures here https://www.facebook.com/HarvardCookinGirl?ref=hl
Del Mar, California
“BEST PIZZA SAUCE EVER !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I attended a chilldrens birthday party and they made homemade pizza dough and sauce and I was lucky enough to have a piece and let me tell ya it was the best pizza sauce I have ever eaten. Fresh ingredients and delicious ! I will be back......

Visited September 2012