“Fall off the bone beef ribs!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bulls Smokin BBQ

Bulls Smokin BBQ
1127 west morena blvd., San Diego, La Jolla, San Diego, CA FIX THIS LISTING--IN SAN DIEGO AND NOT LA JOLLA
(619) 276-2855
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
San Francisco, California
“Fall off the bone beef ribs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Bulls has great fall off the bone beef ribs! You can get a half (3 ribs) or a full (6 ribs) with two sides and corn muffin. The ribs are meaty and tender! Our favorite side is the mac and cheese which they top with crushed cheese crackers. The corn muffins are delicious with butter and honey. The pork ribs are not as tender so get the beef. Another option is smoked salmon, which has good smokey flavor but Its served cold. However the restaurant is dog friendly which is one of the reasons we go here when we visit San Diego. They have seating in the patio and they provide cushions for us to sit on. The dogs get beef ribs gratis which keeps them occupied while we eat! The staff is very friendly too.

Visited June 2013

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Small place but good Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Small and cozy place with mostly outdoor (very) casual seating. Good ribs and chicken. Like a down-home, neighborhood BBQ cafe, as opposed to a BBQ restaurant (which I would prefer). The taste is worth it, though. They also allow people to bring dogs in which I don't like much.

Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I tried this place for first time the other night. It was a little strange walking in with the old fashion saloon doors right behind the glass door. I like the sink right there to wash your hands before and after you eat.

I ordered the beef ribs with two sides. I was full at the end. The ribs were bigger than I expected and come dry. They offer two different sauces to cover your ribs with. The sweet sauce was really good. Not to sweet but enough to add to the flavoring of the ribs. The beans were really good with cuts of bacon added to give it a nice flavoring. Highly recommended. The mac & cheese was tasty also with crunchy toppings on top. They also offer beer but I opted out for water. Water does a body good.

Overall, pretty good. I would definitely come here again.

Visited May 2013
Chula Vista, California
“Long line at Phil's? Come here instead!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had family from out of town wanting some good BBQ before heading back east. Line at Phil's was around the building, tried Abbey's but she was closed on Sunday. Found this place on trip advisor. Excellent! Comfortable family and pet friendly seating. Friendly wait staff, great BBQ as well. Clean place with a nice western friendly atmosphere. My daughter who is a BBQ freak Loved this place! So did my Cousin! I'll be eating here more often!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Pooch Friendly - Paws Up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went on a Sunday at 5:30pm and a dog meet up was just wrapping up on the patio. There must have been about 20 dawgs there.

Anywhere I can take my pooch always gets paws up from me.

Servers are very dog friendly. They had water bowls and rib bones dogs could gnaw on.

As for our food - we got the ribs. Its more of a dry rub style. Good and tasty. I do prefer more of the wet juicy style so you can add the sauce on the side.

I'd go back w/ my dog as there aren't many places left that she can come with!

Visited March 2013