“Bumpy Service, Very Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Piatti - La Jolla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,072 Restaurants in La Jolla
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: La Jolla Shores Drive
Tucson,AZ
“Bumpy Service, Very Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Dined here with a party of five. Reservation was made through Open Table. The reservation was honored immediately and with a friendly greeting. The restaurant was busy and we had difficulty keeping our waiters attention during the order process. We had been seated almost a half hour before food orders were taken (to be fair, we had drinks first but they took 15 minutes to arrive at our table) and parties that arrived after us received meals before we did. However, once the meal was under way service stayed attentive. The wine list is very adequate and hits several price points. The food was uniformly good and served promptly. I won't describe it. It's the typical American-Italian menu. No surprises but well done.

This restaurant was crowded but does not seem stressed with so many customers. Tables are not on top of each other so it has a comfortable environment. I would ask for a table outside, although the inside tables are perfectly acceptable.

One caveat: Parking in this area is strictly on street. It is difficult but not impossible. I would say the food makes up for the inconvenience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

london
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Nice restaurant and well trained staff. Restaurant located out at Shores but worth going to and better than expected as located amongst cafes and kayak rental shops. A good, solid experience

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Very nice, great choice at La Jolla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ate at Piatti twice while visiting in San Diego. Liked the settings, Very nice atmosphere, pleasantly crowded, very nice patio. Shouldn't expect the food to be one of high league cuisine, but I liked it as it was simple, tasty and felt like fresh ingredients. The service was outstanding and as it is kids friendly, this was a great choice and made us return the following day.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
detroit
“We loved this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We at first wanted to eat at a restaurant with a view of the water, but had a taste for Italian. After reading the TA reviews, we settled on Piatti and so glad we did. We sat on the patio under the large tree. A beautiful night.

The servers were excellent and the food delicious. I had the spaghetti with meatballs. Meatballs melted in your mouth. i did not care so much for the goat cheese but got parm instead. My husband had the pasta with lamb. The lamb was slowed roasted and very flavorful. Sauce was complex and flavorful.

I forgot to mention the bread and dipping sauce. Very yummy. Salads, were a special, excellent.

Excellent cocktails, manhattan and Maggie's. very good. Overall, it was a lovely evening.

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Piatti Pitiful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

After trying to sample this restaurant for quite some time, I'm dreadfully sorry I persuaded my friends to join us there last Friday night. First of all to be kind, ambiance was fine and the patio was lite nicely and comfortable. This is where the experience stops. The dish I chose was simple, pappardelle with sausage. to call it bland is probably too kind. The others in my party were just OK with what the ordered. I'm astonished as to the reason Piatti is so well attended. I would under no circumstances ever return, there are so many good Italian restaurant, Piatti is certainly not one of them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere