“We loved this restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Piatti - La Jolla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,262 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: La Jolla Shores Drive
detroit
“We loved this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We at first wanted to eat at a restaurant with a view of the water, but had a taste for Italian. After reading the TA reviews, we settled on Piatti and so glad we did. We sat on the patio under the large tree. A beautiful night.

The servers were excellent and the food delicious. I had the spaghetti with meatballs. Meatballs melted in your mouth. i did not care so much for the goat cheese but got parm instead. My husband had the pasta with lamb. The lamb was slowed roasted and very flavorful. Sauce was complex and flavorful.

I forgot to mention the bread and dipping sauce. Very yummy. Salads, were a special, excellent.

Excellent cocktails, manhattan and Maggie's. very good. Overall, it was a lovely evening.

Visited July 2013

San Diego, California
“Piatti Pitiful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

After trying to sample this restaurant for quite some time, I'm dreadfully sorry I persuaded my friends to join us there last Friday night. First of all to be kind, ambiance was fine and the patio was lite nicely and comfortable. This is where the experience stops. The dish I chose was simple, pappardelle with sausage. to call it bland is probably too kind. The others in my party were just OK with what the ordered. I'm astonished as to the reason Piatti is so well attended. I would under no circumstances ever return, there are so many good Italian restaurant, Piatti is certainly not one of them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“Eat on the Patio!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Piatti was great! Make a reservation to sit on the patio if it is a nice night under the big tree and eat lots of bread with their special olive oil mix. It is to die for! The service was excellent and the food and wine were great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia
“A jewel of a restaurant with a nice garden seating steps from the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a late lunch here on a Wednesday afternoon. This was highly recommended to us and did not disappoint. The setting and ambience were lovely. We so enjoyed a shady table in the walled off garden. The service was wonderful - very attentive without being intrusive. My husband had an amazing lamb pasta dish. My son enjoyed his white pizza (made to order special for him because he is such a picky eater. Thanks chef!), my daughter enjoyed her pasta and I finally found some healthy coastal cuisine - a grilled eggplant and vege panini atop of lovely salad. It is just a short walk to the beach area (which is very, very crowded). The only drawback is finding parking. Everyone seems to circle the same three blocks to find parking, but really, all you have to do is drive a few blocks to a residential street and you'll find parking.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Another amazing meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family of four loves this place and whenever we are in the area, we do not miss a chance to enjoy a wonderful meal here. The food is fresh and delicious always. Service is prompt and informative- always. My daughter had amazing ravioli with a lemon cream sauce and marinara sauce- they were both so flavorful. I enjoyed shrimp with papperdelle- it was wonderful. My husband and son enjoyed a braised beef stuffed canneloni that was divine. The fresh fruit sorbet is never to be missed. We can't wait to return.

Visited July 2013