“Relaxing, good food.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Relaxing, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

We'd read that it can get pretty busy, so we had a late breakfast while on vacation. As a result, we were able to get right in. The staff was very pleasant. Took a bit longer to get our meals than I'd have expected, but we were in no hurry. Option to sit out on the patio.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Port Chester, New York
“Great place to eat and relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

It can get crowded here at peak times so that the service is slower and one might feel pressure to hurry a bit so that others can have the table (not from the staff but from the fact that others are waiting). However, the food is excellent, the prices reasonable, and it is a relaxed and welcoming place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burlington, Canada
“Not what I expected from the outside - nice surprise and exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

We walked over here just expecting to get a nice cup of coffee and maybe a muffin or something. We we surprised to find this bare bones retro diner inside (that was packed!) and thus amazing menu of nice, healthy, breakfast food (with a hint of mexican flair). The toast was neat - cooked on the grill with Rosemary. And the fresh grapefruit juice was delicious. There was nothing that we didn't like about this place, but I can imagine that it gets quite busy and cramped.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“One of the best breakfasts I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

My husband, our two teenage sons, and I made a quick stop in La Jolla to check out the beautiful beach views. We asked a man on the street where we could get a good breakfast. Without hesitation, he directed us to The Coffee Cup, which is on a street parallel to Prospect (the main street through La Jolla). It's a very small coffee shop. However, it serves the most delicious breakfast. The menu features some unusual combinations in addition to the typical breakfast fare. All of the ingredients are fresh and healthy. My husband and I opted for the Rosemary scramble. This was scrambled eggs with the best rosemary potatoes I have ever had. Weeks later, I still crave them. One son raved about his special, which was a type of huevos rancheros. The other had delicious cinnamon french toast. All of it was fantastic. The servers were very friendly. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere