“Hidden Breakfast Gem in the Village” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
La Jolla, California
“Hidden Breakfast Gem in the Village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Yes.. I too love the Cottage, and Harry's for breakfast, but my most favorite is the Coffee cup. It is a small couple kind of place or breakfast with a friend to catch up. Coffee cup offers a healthy yummy breakfast to start your day. Service can be slow, but it is friendly.It is not a rushed pancake house kind of place. It is local. I prefer to sip my coffee or tea and enjoy.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chapel Hill
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stopped by for our first breakfast in La Jolla. Had the eggs benedict and my niece had pancakes. Both were great. Loved the rosemary potatoes.

Coffee was good.

Service was good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I called ahead 20 minutes to swing by and pick up a simple breakfast burrito. I wound up waiting for my burrito for 40 minutes after I arrived. Biggest waste of my time to stop at this place. Doesn't matter how good the food is because the service is terrible. Do yourself a favor and skip Coffee Cup and go to another place for good food AND service.

Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great food, fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Great food, great flavors. Service shines with tons of flair! Fun place to get breakfast. We ordered breakfast tacos, corn tortillas soft and crispy edges. Chipotle sauce delicious, and just the right amount of heat. I ordered the pesto eggs whites (they needed their yolks for more flavor IMHO), they were pretty good, but I helped my wife finish her tacos. :)

San Francisco, California
“Stopped hear for a snack before a late lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Driving around La Jolla killing the clock for a 1pm meeting including lunch. Stopped for some coffee and a muffin, they suggested french toast. Came out perfectly done with a side of blueberry sauce and some fruit. Just what I needed. Staff was very attentive and polite.

• Visited May 2014