“Movie lovers Starwood Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Orlando, Florida
“Movie lovers Starwood Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

One of the only places that parking is reasonable. Only 10 dollars, and free parking wasn't hard to find either. Great Gym, lovely rooms, within walking distance to Whole Foods, and 2 theaters, including my favorite AMC. Linda at the front desk was very helpful. The Manager Kate was extremely accommodating, I'll definitely be returning to this Hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello vladimir e,

Thanks for your great review! I am glad to read that your stay was enjoyable and that you found the hotel well appointed. We are also happy to hear that our easy access to the adjacent shopping & entertainment center was beneficial for you during your stay. I know you have an upcoming reservation and we will look forward to seeing you next time!

Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Tempe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

fyi ..Do not let the pix on line fool you. i was not impress w this hotel. If u r lookin to b close to Lajolla Beach area, this is not the place. U still have to drive 15 minutes to Lajolla beach . Its NOT a walking disctance. AC in the room was next to ur bed, so loud at night cuz it was the old fashion ac on the side of the wall...Parking 10.00 a day nothing free.
I must say down town SDiego i find it boring , old city . Hillcrest area was old and ugly. I saw 3 thrift store right in Hillcrest ...eww...Nothing attract tourist. No big nice mall ...La Jolla area used to be high end w nice stores but its all junk stores now and lots of store closing...only over price restaurants. I find people in SDiego was rude, mean and nasty w any service. If u ask fr direction to places they are mean n rude....people here drive suck too. I thought Cali cant talk and text while driving ...but u b suprised how many people still driving w texting n talking...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello Brad W,

I apologize that you did not find your stay enjoyable. We are proud to feature recent photos of our accommodations on our website, so I would welcome any additional information you could provide me concerning your opinion that the photos were not representative of the hotel. We do clearly detail that the hotel is a 10 minute drive from the beach, but I am certainly sorry that our location was not what you expected. While your overall review of the San Diego area and the various neighborhoods and residents should have no bearing on your review of our particular hotel, I am sorry that your visit was not successful. We wish you wonderful travels in the future.

kruskofsky@sheratonlj.com
Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Just refurbed rooms...awesome. Beds great, giant new flat panel televisions. Rooms are spacious, and this entire resort like property is spic and span. Like staying in a garden, lovely pool and spa area. Near freeway bu I never hear it. Angela greeted me at front desk, professional, pleasant, and made me feel very welcome. Super value. Shopping center accessible via gate in parking lot...Whole Foods, CVS, Peet's Coffee that opens 0500. Movies and CPK a short walk. Love this property and its people. Mariah called me in room just to ask if I was happy with my accommodations. Does that even happen anymore? First class operation. Stay here and see if you agree.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Murphysjsr,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm so glad that you found your accommodations comfortable and enjoyed our tropical grounds and convenient location. I will certainly pass along your compliments to the staff and am happy that they took great care of you during your visit. We will look forward to seeing you next time!

Bridgehampton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I lived in La Jolla for years, just blocks from this hotel. Now when I come for business or pleasure, this is my home and I pretty much always bring my little dog because the pet stay is cheaper than leaving her with a doggy sitter. Reasonable prices, very attentive staff, beautiful gardens and clean, clean, clean!
If you're up for a swim and jacuzzi, the pool is open late and is surrounded by lush grounds. Angela stands out as front desk manager and really accommodated me above and beyond. This place deserves the 5 star rating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Suzanne B,

Thank you for your great review! I'm so glad that you and your pup have found your new La Jolla home here at the Sheraton La Jolla. I will certainly pass along your compliments to Angela and am happy to hear that you are experiencing the wonderful service that our staff strives to provide. We will look forward to seeing you next time!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The pool area and surrounding gardens (koi pond) give this a tropical resort feel.

Each building is 2 stories. Walls are concrete (very quiet).
Pool is heated and pool service is prompt. Rooms are well appointed and good size. (Only bathrooms are a bit small).

We extended our stay as we so enjoyed and relaxed around the pool.

• Stayed June 2013
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello Pnieboer2,

Thank you for sending your comments regarding your recent stay! I am happy that you had a relaxing visit and were able to take advantage of our fantastic pool. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Davis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Sheraton La Jolla is one of the closest hotels to the UCSD campus. It is also very convenient as you can walk through the back gate to several stores, including Whole Foods, movie theaters and restaurants. I did not try the onsite restaurant so cannot report on it, but the rooms do have coffee and tea available in the room, and both microwaves and refrigerators. The best part was the spacious room and the grounds. The room was so quiet and peaceful, you would never know you were in the middle of the busy La Jolla/San Diego area. I had a deluxe room which overlooked the pool and many palm trees. The room was large with wood plantation shutters, it is very much a restful resort in the middle of chaos. Parking is an extra $10 a night, so many guests park on the street outside the hotel. The price was reasonable for the area. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room for a much better view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hello princesspanda56,

Thank you for your great review! I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your spacious accommodations and the hotel grounds. We do love the easy access to UCSD and the adjacent shopping center, so I'm pleased that you found the hotel's location well suited for your needs as well. We hope to see you on a return visit!

Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We've never been so sad to check OUT of a hotel before...we wish our stay could have gone on and on. First off, the location was ideal for us. It's within walking distance to UCSD, restaurants, shops and the movies. The staff was very friendly, welcoming and full of whatever information you needed to make the most of our stay. The room was great! The beds were so incredibly comfortable. I loved having both a fridge and microwave in our room and the free coffee and water was a nice touch. Last but not least, the pool was a bit hit for our family. Ranging from 2 feet to 8 feet, there is something for everyone. Add to all the above that they had an amazing rate, its no wonder we booked another night for later the same week since we couldn't wait to come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hello Galvangirl,

Thank you for sending such a great review! I am so happy that our staff was able to help make a successful stay for you and that you found your guest room comfortable and well-appointed. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next stay...the pool will be waiting!

Revenue Manager

Been to Sheraton La Jolla Hotel? Share your experiences!