“Great Experience, Beautiful Property!” 5 of 5 stars

15% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 4 La Jolla B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pasadena, California
“Great Experience, Beautiful Property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had a wonderful time at the Bed & Breakfast Inn. I stayed in the Fiesta room. It was actually my first visit to La Jolla. The accomodations were simply exquisite. The room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable, the surroundings were quite beautiful. I watched the sun set from the balcony of the inn. The beach is only a three-minute walk from the property. The only minor issue that I had was the limited strength of the Wi-Fi; however, this little glitch did not lesson the quality of my experience. I also enjoyed the food. There was an evening wine and cheese social hour and a scrumptious breakfast during which I had the chance to meet and socialize with other people. I definitely plan on returning to this quaint little spot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
marvelme_7, Director of Sales at The Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
And we certainly look forward to your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are definitely working to improve the Wifi and at present are not even advertising that we are offering it, since it has proved to be so unreliable to date. Hopefully by the end of July or first week of August it will be much improved.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This place was just what I needed, cozy intimate atmosphere, lovely amazing staff, warm guests, all eating together in a close familial settings, felt like a big European home with delicious cuisine and awesome people to chat with. The free wine and cheese hour was just unwinding and time to socialize with other guests. It is a small place but full of magic and love. The manager cooked BF for us and it was so yummy!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is very much appreciated. We are glad we were able to make your stay magical and special. That is our mission. We thank you for appreciating and acknowledging our efforts.
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I booked a room at this hotel for two nights through booking.com - unfortunately it was my mistake that I did not read their cancellation policy. I went ahead and cancelled my reservation two days before as the person I was going to go with was no longer able to go. I noticed the hotel had charged me for the amount of the room plus taxes I'm assuming. I called the hotel and got someone named Bradley, who once I told him I had booked through Booking.com, did not seem interested in helping me and just kept repeating "Our cancellation policy is no refunds." He just kept repeating this, and was very condescending, so I got upset and asked to speak to his supervisor. At this point, he got very rude and said I was yelling at him, however, as he kept insisting on saying the same thing repeatedly, I was just trying to speak to someone else. Then he started telling me to call Booking.com, and when I tried to say anything to him, he just kept saying "Call Booking.com." I contacted Booking.com and they were met with the same lack of cooperation. They refused to refund the money they took, even though they sold the room to someone else. They refused to give me another room or even a credit to use later. I am completely disgusted with the treatment and service I received. So just a warning, I would definitely think twice about staying here. I admit that I should have checked the cancellation policy, however, I have never received such horrible treatment and lack of cooperation from an establishment that relies on the goodwill of its customers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and concerns. If we were less than courteous at the time of your cancellation, we sincerely apologize. Bradley goes out of his way to accommodate our guests. He was the only assistant innkeepers on site , so there was no one he could have redirected you to. We have been informed to direct issues concerning Booking.com reservations to their customer service dept. and Bradley was only following protocol. Unfortunately, the inn's policy is built into the reservation system, and staff etc., even the innkeeper/manager, cannot override policy. A 48 hour cancellation during high season is usually not available at even the large 200 + room hotels. And, since we are a small 15 room b&b, we do not have the luxury of selling a room at such short notice.
We know our guest have a choice and always advice them regarding the cancellation policy. We suggest that guests consider travel insurance ( which is very inexpensive) if the cancellation policy is of concern or is an issue. Again, we are sorry for any frustration or anguish this has caused you as a result of the miscommunication.
Kassel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We've had a really wonderful time at the Bed & Breakfast Inn. The Room Kate Sessions was so nice, the breakfast awesome - also the wine and cheese at 5 pm. The Inn is located near the beach and offers 5 parking spaces and free wifi. Everything was perfect! Thanks again.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and such a nice one at that. Our Wifi is free but it is also very unreliable so we are not promoting the fact that we even offer it at this time. We are in the process of trying to remedy this problem. Glad it was working for you during your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This place is a little gem in La Jolla that you do not want to miss out on! So quaint and cozy, great breakfasts, wine and cheese at 5pm every night, and a block from the beach. We literally walked everywhere.

The bed wasn't as comfy as I would've liked, and the internet there was out during our stay... Other than that, I HIGHLY recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bird Rock Cottage.... We enjoyed it because the room leads right into the little ga...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate comments that can help us improve on the experience. If you could let us know more in detail as to what made the bed uncomfortable it would help us in correcting the problem. Perhaps it is time to replaced the mattress in Bird Rock Cottage. Please, if it isn't an inconvenience, let Margaret at the Inn know, either by phone or e mail, and tell her that the information was requested by the sales director and to pass it on. We are in the process of trying to improve the Wifi situation which is always hit and miss. Hopefully we will be able to make it more reliable, faster and put out a stronger signal. We are as frustrated with it as are our guests. Till it is fixed we are not advertising that we offer Wifi.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We spent three wonderful nights at this delightful B&B. Perfect location to restaurants and shops we cannot recommend it too highly. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast is at nine o’clock each morning by candlelight and a delicious three course meal that changes each day. We thoroughly enjoyed chatting to other guests and as the only English couple exchanged information about respective our countries.
Thank you everyone for such a welcoming and pleasant stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Breakfast is indeed a time to share and make new friends from all over the world. This is one of the wonderful benefits of the Bed and Breakfast experience, and where better to share it than in beautiful La Jolla by the Sea. Glad you had a wonderful time and hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I needed a getaway from work and this was ideal. We had the chance to walk along the beach in the evenings and go kayaking in the day. The food was sensational and Margaret was a delight. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: No fitness center, but took a walk outside to stay fit. The surroundings are gorgeous, just a bloc...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your reveiw. We are, as you say, ideally located. True we do not have a workout center on site; but the next time you visit with us, and we hope you will, please ask for a VIP card to visit the local workout center just blocks from the inn.

Been to The Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla? Share your experiences!