“Charming and Beauitiful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 La Jolla B&B and Inns
monrovia, ca
“Charming and Beauitiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I just stayed here and it could not have been anymore charming a beautiful! There is so much history in this house, made it very interesting. The rooms are nicely decorated, and the staff very helpful. Wine and cheese in the evening, and a fabulous home cooked breakfast in the morning. Everything within walking distance. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Huntington Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I visited La Jolla, CA and stayed at the Bed and Breakfast Inn at La Jolla. The beds were comfortable, the rooms beautiful and cozy and the staff charming. We had wine and cheese on the patio in the afternoon and a gourmet breakfast in the morning. What a wonderful place to relax and unwind. We will be staying there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I treated my husband to a getaway weekend for his 30th birthday and the B&B Inn at La Jolla did just the trick. The "Garden" room was impeccable and charming. Breakfast was always delicious and the staff was especially accommodating to my vegetarian diet. Daily wine and cheese reception — yes, please!

Walking distance to the beautiful beaches, coves and main drag full of restaurants and shopping, I highly recommend you stay here during your time in La Jolla. So much more intimate and interesting than a cookie cutter hotel room.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I loved this place! It is the perfect place to get away. I went there to work on a book, but I also had the most delicious food as well. It is peaceful. A sanctuary for the mind and heart! I stayed in Bird Rock Cottage, which was perfect for writing and thinking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Claremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Inn for four nights and really enjoyed our time there. The staff was very friendly and helpful any issues. The breakfasts were quite good and the cookies were outstanding. The Inn is strategically located for walking to the beach or into the downtown area. Parking is a bit of a problem but can be overcome easily. There a number of very good restaurants within walking distance from the Inn especially Roppongi. We would consider returning to the Inn sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
marvelme_7, Director of Sales at The Bed and Breakfast Inn at La Jolla, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to your return. Our gluten free chocolate cookies ( a secret recipe of our Master Chef Tina ) are as you pointed out quite remarkable. Hope to see you again soon.
Palm Springs, California USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Lovely property outside and inside. Basically a glorified boarding house of old complete with rules and regulations from the get-go. Comfortable beds, but no desk and A/C blew on my face all night. All guests had to eat at 9 a.m. sharp. Food was only OK, but sliced grilled zuccini and squash was a strange choice with the quiche and fruit. Had to ask for extra juice and toasts. Only for those who love "the drill."

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
marvelme_7, Director of Sales at The Bed and Breakfast Inn at La Jolla, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you for your review and we agree that it is an exceptionally beautiful property with the courtyard gardens and individually designed and appointed guest rooms that range from "Cozy to Luxurious".
Again, I encourage guests who are booking rooms to make their needs know at the time they make the reservation. Had a desk been a requirement we had a number of other rooms that we could have upgraded you to that do have desks.

In addition, the Shores is ideally located to the Inn's Library/Den which can be used as an extension of your guest room with a large desk, computer and printer available for your convenience. We also provide Lap Desks in the smaller rooms that do not have a desk. Only the Shores, Kate Sessions and Ocean Breeze do not have desks. All the other 12 guest rooms have them.

The AC can be adjusted with the vent either by closing it altogether if it is too cool in the room or degrees of closure and direction if it is blowing directly down. Again, if this was a problem we could have moved you to another room.

We are not O.K. with food that is just O.K. so be assured that we will address the issue. We pride ourselves on serving a 3 course gourmet breakfast.

We apologize for not replenishing the Toast and O.J. as quickly as we should have; but we sometimes get busy and appreciate guests letting us know when we are running low. As for the breakfast time, we usually base it upon number of guests or occupancy. Since it was not a full house we are a little more flexible and would have been happy to accommodate you with a slightly earlier or later time had you let us know beforehand.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this B&B and it was my first experience staying at one. I loved that there was no TV in our room and that the only noise we could hear were the seagulls flying by. We are a younger couple, and I think more couples our age (late 20's) should experience a quiet getaway like this B&B has to offer. The building had so much history to take in, and it's tucked away in a beautiful green area of La Jolla. The area was perfect for a stroll down to the beach to watch the sunset and just steps away from a few romantic restaurants near the shore. The next morning we took a nice long run in the surrounding neighborhood, then were served breakfast promptly at 9am. Such a memorable breakfast with another couple and the cook even served us a round of delicious mimosas.
We stayed in the Peacock Salon which has a private patio and is attached to another bigger patio and a living area. I enjoyed a sip of the complimentary Sherri on the patio while I took in the refreshing views of La Jolla.
Definitely a must visit again soon in my book!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bed and Breakfast Inn at La Jolla? Share your experiences!