“What a view” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 32 Activities in La Jolla
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Torrey Pines offers two PGA courses.
Calgary
30 attraction reviews
“What a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We just stopped to see this famous golf course. We did not golf but walked around the grounds, took some photos, had a delightful lunch and then my husband banged a few balls on the driving range. This course is open to the public and you cannot beat this beautiful setting. The parking is free and easily accessible so it is worth a quick stop.

Visited November 2011

Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Pro Shop and View worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Didnt have the time to play but made sure to hit up the pro shop and get a few shirts and hats to bring back home. Great to see in person the mystique of the north and south courses while you can still see the true public golf operations still in tact. Its a fascinating place.

Visited April 2011
Rolling Hills, CA
“Typical Public Run Course”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Yes, the South Course is lovely although there are not that many holes that really stand out. Our problem was the service. I was with my son and we intended to rent a cart but the starter told us it was cart path only. With its wide fairways we decided to hoof it rather than drive and carry a bunch of clubs across fairways. Lo and behold, we were paired with a guy from NY who had an electric cart and from the second hole on he was driving all along the fairways. He told us that he was told to drive on the fairways. Wow, we were worn out after more than 7000 yards of walking. After our round I asked the cart workers why the inconsistent policies? He told me he didn't know and if I had a complaint I should see someone in the public administration building a block away. Besides that, I paid $230 for my round and only half the ball washers even had water in them. One had water but no towel. For a course as nice as Torrey Pines could be, it's too bad it run like a public course, i.e., workers who don't give a damn.

Visited November 2011
New York
5 attraction reviews
“The Open”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

The North course was a bit disappointing, but the South course lived up to it s reputation!

Visited October 2011
Tucson, Arizona
“Surpasses All The Hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Finally ponied up the cash to play Americas #1 rated public golf course. Wow! What an experience. I will be back, worth every penny. Thank you to the staff for their friendliness and professionalism!

Visited July 2011