“perfect start to surf” 5 of 5 stars

$70*
and up
Activities: Leisure education, Surfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf Diva Surf School is the original surf school for women and now teaches lessons to boys and girls along with co-ed programs year-round. The Surf Diva Boutique has just won #1 women's surf shop in the USA by SIMA (Surf Industry Manufacturer's Association). Drop in on us, open 7 days a week!
“perfect start to surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

super friendly & kindly teacher, really nice place to learn surf! My friend and I was try to learn how to surf. when i visit here before i was go to the other place. i was explane this is first time and we want to try surf but they didn't helpful. so we are searching the other surf school. Finally found a perfect place to start surfing!!

Denver
97 attraction reviews
“My 12 year old loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I called the day before I wanted my daughter to get lessons. They had several options but we chose the private 1 hour option. The ladies in the office were just average. The directions to whre you meet on the beach could have been better. "Follow the side walk until it end and there is a red tent." Some idea of how far would be great, for example say that it's at the end of the side walk near tower #---. I always like to get a bit more detail. The shop itself is a ways from where you actually meet for the lesson.

My daughter has extensive ocean experience, with boggie boarding, snorkeling, stand up paddle boarding. She is also a skier. I thought she'd do fine with surfing and she did better than fine. The instructor was very pleasantly pleased how easily she got up. She even was show boating by the end of the hour.

The instructor was right there with her the whole time, they had my daughter in an easily identifiable water shirt.

I would recommend it. Just know that siblings can't get in the water at the same place. So one parent watched the surfing while the other had the non-surfing younger sis down the beach a way.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
“Best Surfing in La Jolla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My two teenage kids took surfing lessons from Surf Diva. The instructors were excellent. They spent the necessary time to go over safety issues as well as show the kids how to surf. While in the water the instructors were right there and made sure everything went well and made sure everyone had a fun time. The kids loved it. I highly recommend this.

LA
“Great Experience at Surf Diva”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My kids did a week-long session of day camp in June and then two separate days and an individual surf lesson with Kristin in July. It was the highlight of their summer. They were thrilled to be surfing by the second day of camp. They had a variety of instructors and all of them were great with kids, empowering them to surf right away. I am so happy I enrolled them at Surf Diva -- and I am very happy that I signed up for a personal photo session of the kids with Kristin & Luke (www.lifestylesurf.com). Aside from being great surf instructors, they are gifted photographers. They really captured the fun and excitement of the week as the kids learned to surf. They are professional, friendly, and are clearly interested in providing great service to their clients. I was truly impressed -- and the feedback from friends and family on the photos of the kids surfing has been tremendous. Overall an A+ experience. We'll definitely be back.

Visited June 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“It doesn't get any better than Surf Diva Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Im am on my last day of my Surf Diva camp in Costa Rica and my only "complaint" is that it has to end. I went during family week with my daughter for her 10th birthday. We went during "Family Week" so dont let the surf diva name fool you - our group had guys, girls and kids, Anyone can be a diva. Our group consisted of two advanced surfers and two new surfers. Our excellent instructor Sonja worked with all of us together and at different times. She devised a system so that everyone got exactly the help they needed in the areas they were working on. She went above and beyond to make sure that the advanced group improved their skills and the beginners learned the basics. We were all out there surfing in the end.

Sonja was professional and had the ability to work with any range of skill level without anyone feeling left behind. She was encouraging and inspiring. She is patient and caring and it seems like it is really important to her that you learn to surf.

She is also a lot of FUN. She brought us to wonderful accommodations, places to eat and shop and she was able to help us find the activities for us to do. I had been nervous traveling as a woman alone with a small child at first. Sonja makes you feel like family.

Right from the beginning, Izzy and Iris made planning our trip easy and were available for questions. Everything went smoothly.

I highly recommend this trip if you are thinking of visiting Costa Rica.

Visited July 2013