“For the beginner that has never been on the ocean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 32 Activities in La Jolla
Type: Water sports, Classes/Workshops, Classes
Activities: Leisure education, Surfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf Diva Surf School is the original surf school for women and now teaches lessons to boys and girls along with co-ed programs year-round. The Surf Diva Boutique has just won #1 women's surf shop in the USA by SIMA (Surf Industry Manufacturer's Association). Drop in on us, open 7 days a week!
usa
18 attraction reviews
“For the beginner that has never been on the ocean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Service: really variable. We went there a bunch of times over 4 days. Twice they screwed up at the register (first overcharged me $20) and them acted like it was a huge imposition that I asked that they sort it out! Their employees have trouble with basic math.

Also many of their employees are clueless about surfing

Lessons: extremely basic even though we told them that we had at least intermediate skills
These lessons are good for someone who has never seen a board before.

Visited June 2013

San Francisco
5 attraction reviews
“Well organized and great instruction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Showed up, signed papers and I was in the water in minutes. I had surfed before so I needed tinkering and that is what Karla provided to me. I got up on every wave and each time I improved. Wish I could have surfed everyday.

Visited May 2013
Middletown, Connecticut
“surf divas rule”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

we had never surfed before, none of us. surf clinic for women was the perfect introduction to wave riding and the surfing lifestyle. great instructors, all.

Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“The Divas Rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Recently my 16 year old son and I were in San Diego and I wanted to get him surfing. I stopped into a local school in La Jolla, near Scripps park and they actually told me I should go to Surf Diva and I'm glad I listened. At first I was skeptical as my son is 16 and as awkward as that age allows. I was concerned that the experience would be too girly and a turn off to him as Surf Diva does not conjure manly images, but that was not the case. The ladies were totally professional and serious about their job and the surf. The day of the lesson, we got off to a rocky start but we all agreed that it was a communication issue and the Divas worked their posterior mid-sections off to make sure we had a great experience! If you are interested in learning surf.....see the Divas, there are none better. Special thanks to Erika, Dawn, Karen and the "Uber Diva" Iris.

Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Surf Diva - Costa Rica...Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just returned from our Surf Diva trip in Costa Rica and couldn't have asked for a better time. We booked the trip months ago after having one less-than-successful surf lesson in much colder water. Costa Rica turned our experience of surfing around! The surroundings were gorgeous and we went from being absolute beginners to actual surfers (well, actual novice surfers at any rate!). Our instructor (Meli!) was incredible - not only was she a great teacher (very supportive) but also was a fabulous tour guide/ambassador to the town itself. The trip was both restful and invigorating. The only downer has been to come home to the chilly northern winter. Other than having to get used to snow again I would absolutely recommend this trip to anyone looking to combine adventure with relaxation.

Visited February 2013