“Piqued our curiosity, plan to return” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 126 Restaurants in La Habra
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eclectic california cuisine/happy hour/onsite retail wine shop/hidden gem/must try
Evanston, Illinois
“Piqued our curiosity, plan to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I were visiting my daughter at college, and we found ourselves with an hour or so of quiet time after some events on the campus (Biola University). The Cat & The Custard Cup was close by and had good comments on Trip Advisor, so we headed there for a glass of wine to cap the evening. Boy are we glad we did.

They have a fantastic wine selection, including a wine shop if you want to pick up a bottle to take home. The restaurant and bar area is very inviting and romantic, but the weather was beautiful so we enjoyed our wine on their great patio surrounded by trees, vines, and shrubs. Despite the fact that it's located right on Whittier Blvd., it felt like we were in a secluded, hidden garden. And, the service was great.

We also took the time to look over their dinner menu, and it looked fantastic. It have a nice variety of dishes and what seemed to be a very unique flair. If it's as good as it looks, it will be one of our go to restaurants when we visit. Can't wait to get back and find out....

Placentia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best in North OC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have loved this place for a long time, and visited frequently when we lived closer. The food is outstanding every time - their steaks are better than many famous steak houses! My only regret is that they are no longer open for lunch :(

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great food and wonderful, cozy ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

One of my few regrets of leaving Southern California is not being able to come here whenever I want. This is a great place to bring a date, come with family or enjoy with a small group. It looks like an upscale British Pub with dark mahogany and white wash.

Star with a few cocktails at the cozy bar. In the winter months a roaring fire just opposite the bar adds to the ambience. After being seated (request The Deck or The Living Room....The Garden Room is not my favorite) order a starter (I recommend the Hearts of Romaine or Lobster Bisque); I always get a Culotte Steak for my main and finish off with either cheesecake or their creme brulee which is a little bit of heaven on earth.

Their wine list will have something to satisfy any palate and with the addition of the wine shop, you can now take a bottle home. Cat and Custard Cup is a must visit for me every time I'm in SoCal.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
La Habra, California, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

They have the best happy hour ever, great pricies and great food! I will go back week after week. I can Not say enough about the food and service. the bartender there is amazing the drinks that he has invented are 2 nd to none.

Visited August 2012
San Francisco, California
“Mothers day splurge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

As close to SF fine dining we have found outside LA .
The cat has a great menu and extensive wine list we had a great bottle of Merry Edwards Pinot for a steal.

Visited July 2012