“Rewarding Return” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
burbank, ca
“Rewarding Return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

It's been a long time since we last visited Cafe Sole. Decided to check out the small restaurant upon learning it was under new ownership. We weren't disappointed. My chicken marsala was
delicious, the mixed vegetables cooked perfectly. The sole piccata drew raves as did the
ravioli stuffed with butternut squash. The chicken florentine was at best acceptable.
The fried calamari was excellent...crunchy, not greasy and tasty. The spumoni also scored well.
Our server was knowledgable and friendly. Overall, a worthwhile experience.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tujunga, California
“Delicioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Have had lunch here twice and after the first time couldn't wait to have the raviollis (sic) with butternut squash and as luck would have it it was their special again. I hope to try something else the next time I go there but we have to time it with the movies. Actually after today we are planning to take our out-of-state visitors there next week...but I will still have the buter not squash raviollis.The service is excellent and freindly but not overbearing, might be a little short on ambience but the foos is spectacular! just ask my wife...she experiments...but she misses the butter nut squash raviollis.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
altadena
“Buon Apetito!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in to Cafe Sole before hitting a movie with my daughter and mom. We had no idea what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised by the attentive and friendly service and the food which was super fresh and yummy! We especially enjoyed the butternut squash ravioli, turkey panini with cranberry jam and gruyere and grilled-herbed salmon! We will be back for sure :)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
California
“terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

terrible food terrible service you can really see the owner is change so is not any more a good place I am sad to see what the new owner doing its terrible I never going to eat any more in that restaurant the ig is 0 I saw the owner put is hands in his mouth (probable his was cleaning his teeth) and than with out washing is hands serving food to people , I didnt touch my meal because was disgusting so I been going in this place for to many years but that was the last time for me

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
La Canada Flintridge, California
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We used to go here more often when going to a movie at the nearby theater. Went again and it is still a great place for Italian food. The owner is warm and welcoming and the service is competent and friendly. They start with bread and a tomato based topping to munch on while waiting for the antipasti. We shared the smoked salmon with capers and red onions. One of our favorite dishes here is the ravioli in a red sauce. Be sure to save some bread to sop up that sauce. They have a pretty good selection of Italian wines. Don't know why anyone would order a CA wine or beer with this food, but it's available.

Hint: If you still enjoy a movie and dinner out, go to an early movie and have dinner here afterward. You want to be able to enjoy the food here without worrying about getting to the theater on time.