“An oasis on the hiway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ravenwood Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Klamath
Ravenwood Motel
You added Ravenwood Motel to your Saves list
151 Klamath Boulevard, P.O. Box 1004, Klamath, CA 95548-1004   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Klamath
California
“An oasis on the hiway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is a good idea to have dinner before you get here. Klamath is in the beautiful redwoods, but really in the middle of nowhere. There is a mini-mart next door and the Ravenwood has a microwave in the breakfast room. We always try to stay here when we come to the Yurok Salmon Festival every August. But we eat salmon and fry-bread tacos at the Festival!
The rooms are clean and individually decorated. The standard rooms are either queen bed or 2 twins, but there are a couple of rooms with separate bedroom, living room with futons and full kitchen for families or groups. In the room where breakfast is provided, there are books and games to borrow and coffee/tea/ snacks available until 10 or 11 pm. Breakfast offers hard-boiled eggs, several choices of canned and fresh fruit, breads, yogurt, coffee, juice. Oh and a delicious coffee cake.
You can view the choice of accomodations online at their website, but reservations must be made by phone.
The Yurok tribe is building a casino/hotel next door but the construction crew wasn't working on the Saturday we were there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hollis, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I enjoyed staying here. Refreshments were available 24/7. Good breakfast, very comfortable beds, nice staff. Numerous sitting areas around the property to enjoy the beautiful view. Close to the drive thru tree, the Trees of Mystery, and the Pacific coastline. Eating options are very limited as this is a small town. Motel has a washer and a dryer. I don't understand the other reviews saying that this motel was "Twilight Zone-ish" (I didn't think so) and we didn't hear any cannons. I recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I made a reservation here at the end of May to attend a wedding reception for my cousin's son over Labor Day weekend. My cousin's new daughter-in-law insisted last week that I stay at her folks house in Klamath, so I decided to cancel my reservation. I knew there was a 4-day cancellation policy, so called 5 days in advance. Got my head handed to me by Clarence (I think that's his name), who insisted he had told me there was a 0 cancellation policy for holiday weekends (he hadn't) and also claimed I kept changing my reservation (I hadn't). After some rather nasty words on his side I said, okay I'll keep the reservation and he said "No you won't, I don't want you here" and hung up on me! Hopefully my credit card will not be charged...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lebanon, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed 2 days with our 2 small children in the suite. We loved the place. Room was well taken care of. It had a full nice kitchen. Breakfast wasn't huge but plenty. Close to many places to see. Staff are friendly. It was close to the highway but the room was still quite. Only little downside was the wireless signal wasn't strong enough in our room. Other than that we liked staying there. We will recommend to stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

So it is a little Twilight Zone-ish but overall a good experience especially considering the price. I dealt with Perry on the phone as you cannot book online. He was friendly and was honest about Klamath being in the middle of nowhere. Another woman checked us in and helped us during our stay. I would not say she was particularly friendly, but she patiently answered my questions, explaining three restaurant options if we stayed in the immediate area to eat. Option #3 was the mini-mart which has a Chester's Fried Chicken and a taco place. I think this was the first time I've ever been directed by a hotel to get dinner at the local mini-mart, BUT guess where we were on Night #3! My friend had the chicken (delicious) and I had an Amy's frozen lasagna. I've eaten worse at better!

Breakfast was included in our $81/night room rate. Yahoo! This must be their highest price b/c we stayed in early July. Good continental breakfast with hard-boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, etc. Location is great for Redwood NP and Prairie Creek SP, too far north for going back down to Humboldt SP conveniently.

The room was clean and a third friend stayed with us unexpectedly b/c of some flight drama on the first night. I had requested a room with two beds, but had forgotten they were twin beds. The proprietress said she had no other room options but did bring us extra blankets and towels and did not charge us extra for a third person for one night. The wardrobe was interesting with a Roman or Egyptian theme...Someone has put some thought into some cute outdoor seating areas which spruces up what could be a pretty bland little parking lot.

We did have a little noise situation with some yowling cats one night and what sounded like a cannon going off twice another night. I have NO idea what the cannon noise was and was afraid to ask. I had ear plugs with me and I'd recommend them.

My final note is that they are building a Holiday Inn Express right next to the Ravenwood now so I hope it survives in order to continue on its quirky little journey.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place. We stayed in a suite with a private bedroom, & it was clean & quiet. We had a beautiful kitchen, & although we didn't cook, it was nice to bring a big coffee cup to fill & bring a tray from the included continental breakfast back there to eat in peace. We also made use of the washer & dryer for our laundry. We highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2013
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Firstly, a four day cancellation policy is a red flag, as is a pay in advance in full on check-in. A random stranger's sock found inside the door of our room is another warning sign but worst of all was the rude, obnoxious staff who worked at Ravenwood. On check-in the man never gave us ANY information about the motel or surrounding areas. We didn't know until two days in that there was a breakfast room. I found this out when I asked for hot water (no coffee makers in the room and I use them for hot water for my hot tea) and the response I got was a condescending bawl- 'What do you mean a hot water supply? What do you want hot water for?' I was so shocked at his anger and frustration with me that I told the man he was rude and he responded by telling me I was the rude one. This followed by a personal tale of woe to which I did feel empathy for the man but it's a business he is running after-all and I am not his friend but a guest. I sympathized with him; I'm not a cold person, but he remained gruff and angry. The fact that the motel office was shut on many occasions when we needed things and the owner was running out the door another day and refused to help us because he had to 'get on the road' was bad treatment for paying guests. On the last day at checkout the maid was banging on our door a half hour before checkout and yelling in Spanish. At 11 a.m. the maid and another lady (also very rude) told us we needed to 'get out' and at 11.10 while I was grabbing my last things from the floor and my boyfriend was loading the car the maid burst into the room, whipped the sheets from the bed, flung them over my head and stormed about the place screaming about how she had to leave and she needed to get out of there to get her ride home. I've never in my life experienced such treatment. She was the very lady who pleaded with me a few days before to let her clean our room (I don't like having people in my room for room service) because she apparently gets paid by the room not by the hour. Out of compassion for her I told her to go ahead and clean it then. I spent a little while in the room rearranging some things and when we came back hours later the room had not been cleaned at all. The next day the towels were changed but the sheets weren't. On that last morning when my boyfriend went into the room to make sure we had everything the maid thanked him for 'not leaving a tip'! I could not believe the audacity! I have read similar reviews in the past and thought that the writer must be exaggerating. I am not exaggerating one bit here. The trip to the Redwoods was amazing! I will definitely go back. And I didn't give the motel a 'Terrible' because the bed was comfortable and we managed to have a great vacation overall. But I won't be staying at Ravenwood Motel again and that is for certain.

Room Tip: There was construction going on outside our window. Who would've thought? Go to the middle of th...