“What happened?” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 37 Restaurants in Kingsburg
Kingsburg, California
“What happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Ate the worst meal at Salazar's last night. I ordered the Chili Con Carne Dinner. I have been eating at this family restaurant since it was in a little white shack in Selma CA. The recipe for Chili Con Carne has been horribly altered. The meat is of poor quality and dry with significant fat on it. My plate came with rice and beans and about 2/3 cup of Chili Con Carne. I also should mention that the waiter who took my order was chewing food when he came to take my order. How disgusting. I will never eat at this establishment again!

Visited May 2013

Salt Lake City, UT
“Too heavy for a late meal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We pulled into Kingsburg about 8 pm after driving for several hours. We were tire and hungary and after checking into the Fairfield Inn we asked about restaurants in the area. The desk clerk recommended Salazar's which she said was within walking distance. After starting to walk we decided it was more like a driving distance, so my husband went back and got the car. This place is located in the same area as the K-Mart but on the farthest side of that area from the motel (which was a "backyard neighbor"). The place seemed to be a local favorite. This is a smallish town and we were concerned about how late restaurants would be open. We arrived at Salazar's about 8:30. They were only open until 9, but said we were fine, to come on in, no problem. Since it was late I ordered the taco salad which was described as choice of meat, beans, tomatoes, and guacamole on a bed of lettuce in a taco shell bowl for $9.79 The server suggested the shredded beef. I asked for no guacamole and no raw onion garnish. My husband ordered enchiladas in green chili which the server recommended for $11.99. The complimentary corn chips were crisp and hot and the salsa was mild and tasty. We were hungary and ate more of them than we should have. When the meal came it was a lot of food. My husband said his was good. My salad was a little disappointing in that it was a whole lot of shredded beef and beans in the bottom of the taco shell bowl with a little lettuce and tomatoes on top. I had wanted it the other way around. By the time we were served they were putting the chairs on top of the tables and cleaning up for the night. This probably would have been a better selection at 6 pm than at almost 9 pm. The food sat heavy on our stomachs. We realized afterwards that somewhere in Kingsburg there is a Denny's which would have been open all night and served lighter food. That night it would have been a better choice.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
washington
“Terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Had taco salad. The shell was greasy and pretty much burned. The lettuce in the salad was warm and wet. The chicken had not flavor and tasted like it had been boiled. Worst mexican food I have ever ate.

Visited April 2012
“Great place for food and drinks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011 via mobile

Good food, good drinks, good service and friendly staff.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Horsens, Denmark
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Wonderful food, wonderful service, would visit again if ever in those neck of the woods!

• Visited July 2011