“Pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kingsburg
Oakley, California
“Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This Fairfield Inn is newish, comfortable, conveniently located right next to the freeway, and presents no surprises to a traveler familiar with the chain. While our bathroom floor could have done with an additional scrubbing, overall we felt that our room met the Marriott standards. The included breakfast seemed a little better than at some other Fairfield Inns, with a nice fruit selection that my wife particularly enjoyed. We'll be happy to stay here again on a future trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Hello Michael K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We rely on your feedback so we can better serve you in the future. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I agree, our new Hot Breakfast is a great addition, with a nice selection of fruits, plus scrambled eggs and sausage and waffles :) We are so glad that you came to visit us and we hope to see you again in the near future! Keep in mind, I have discussed the condition of your bathroom floor with our Housekeeping Staff, and they will be adressing the problem immediately. Looking forward to your next visit to Kingsburg, & Thank you again!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was a newer hotel and the staff were very helpful. The hot tub was lukewarm but my biggest complaint is that the noise from the highway was really loud. Trucks and trains! I've stayed in many hotels near highways but this one was not good.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here ask for a room not on the highway side!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear MissWisconsin,

Thank you so much for your review and for staying with us this August! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed some aspects of our Hotel, and that our Staff were very helpful with you.
But, I'm sorry to hear that the traffic noise was a problem for you during your stay.
Please keep in mind that our Staff is always more than happy to fufill any request or preference you desire wether it be your Room Location or any other guest request. We are always here to help you on a moments notice no matter what you may need. Thats what we're here for :)
I have also asked our Maintenance Staff to inspect the Jacuzzi temp. to make sure it is up to standards for the comfort of our geusts. Thank you again for your feedback! I hope you can give us a chance to welcome you back again someday so that this time, we may exceed your expectations. If you have any further concerns please feel free to give me a call at the number below.

Respectfully,

Assistant General Manager
(559)897-8840
Valencia, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife, six month old, and I stayed at this location for a wedding in Reedley. I have to say, I was very impressed. In fact, other family members who were staying at the same hotel mentioned that they couldn’t believe the high quality of this Fairfield Inn. As a Marriott Platinum I have come to expect a lot from the Marriott brand. I have not stayed in a Fairfield Inn property in years and I was blown away at the great service at this location. The staff and service at this hotel were far superior many higher end hotels. Because it is a newer hotel, the physical condition of the building is quite nice compared to other hotels in the area. We had requested a crib or pack and play when we booked. I expected the request might not be fulfilled. To our surprise when we entered the room, a pack and play – which looked brand new – was set up and ready for our son to use. The suites are quite nice for a family. If you can talk your way into an upgrade you’ll be very happy. The breakfast is very complete and rates are very reasonable. Some folks have mentioned the freeway noise. We had a room on the non-freeway side and it was very quiet. Just ask for something away from the freeway. There are plenty of food choices around the hotel as long as you’re not looking for fine dining. If you find yourself in the Reedley/Kingsburg area this should be your number one choice. You’ll be very happy. I wish all Fairfield Inns were like this one!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade and for a room away from the freeway and you should be very happy!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Alex S.
Thank you so much for your kind words and for reviewing our Hotel on TripAdvisor!
I'm so happy to hear that we impressed you as a loyal Marriott Customer and Platimun Elite Member. We try our hardest to meet all our guests needs and expectations when they come to stay with us. Our Suites certainly are a popular pick for those travelers looking for that extra comfort and space. I'm so glad you and your family stayed with us and we had a chance to show you our love of hospitality. Thanks again Alex & Have a great summer!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

It was a very special event, and the management of the hotel did their best to help us with accommodations (Thank you, Melissa!). The rooms are comfortable and clean, the beds are extremely comfortable. Breakfast was great - lots of choices and much better than in other more expensive places we stayed in. Since we stayed in the suit, we also had a refrigerator which is nice to have when you travel. The only problem was a noisy air conditioner. Other then that we didn't have any issues and all together enjoyed our stay in the Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg.

Room Tip: On the opposite side from freeway!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Inna C.
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel here on Trip Advisor!
I appreciate your kind comments and we are thrilled to hear that you and your family
enjoyed your stay with us during your special event. It was a pleasure to work with you
making preperations for your group.
Thank you for the info. about your air conditioner our Maintenance department is addressing the issue. We look forward to seeing you again someday and thank you again for staying with us!

Yours in Hospitality,
Branscomb, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed here for a one night stay on our way to Palm Springs. Our first room was on the freeway side right next to the ice machine & the elevators. 3 different noisy problems with one single room. We asked for a room on the quite side & were upgraded to a suite on the other side. What more could you ask for? Wonderful! Except the suite was previously occupied by a cigarette smoker!!!!!!!! I didn't think that was allowed in a non-smoking hotel. The room had essence of cigarette smoke & the bathroom smelled like an ashtray! You would think that housekeeping would flag this room for extra cleaning considering the horrible odor of nicotine. This reflects very poorly on the Marriott brand that i have come to expect. I reported the problem to the front desk & they didn't seem to care. That was a problem. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear bombero-redbridge,
Oh no! I was so surprised and saddened to read your review.
First off, thank you so much for staying with us and for writing a review of our Hotel. I appreciate your feedback whether it be positive or negative.
That being said, I'm so sorry that the upgrade we provided you, while in the right location, had an odor of cigarettes! I completely understand your frustration and I apologize that an odorless Suite wasn't immediately provided for you.
Our Hotel is Smoke Free but it seems that in this particular room, something went wrong along the way. We take these issues very seriously and I assure you our Housekeeping Team has taken corrective steps, not only to completely deep clean the room you were in, but to re-train our Staff on how better to provide clean (odorless) and comfortable accomodations to all our guests in the future.
Honestly, all we want is for our guests to have a good experience when they stay with us, no matter what it takes, and I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed.
I have tried to contact you and have sent you an e-mail, I do hope you have recieved it.
Please feel free to give me a call at the number below if you'd like to discuss things further,
& I hope someday we may have the opportunity to regain your trust. Thank you again and Happy Travels.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg
(559) 897-8840
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've stayed here twice and now will consider this my new secret home away from home in the Central Valley while traveling through for business. Everything was perfect! The only thing I missed was a refrigerator for my cold drinks I take on the road.
Great price great value, clean and comfortable. Thanks for the friendly service once again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the hotel to avoid the traffic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear ahgeez,
Thank you for reviewing our Hotel and for coming back twice to stay with us! I'm so happy to hear that we're your "home away from home" in the Central Valley. I just wanted to let you know we do have fridges and microwaves available for you or anyone who needs them. Just let us know at check-in and we'll be happy to provide you a room with one. Thank you again! See you soon!

Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights for a business trip. Rooms were clean. Nice to be able to stay in Kingsburg where I was doing business. Breakkfast was normal "fair" for chain hotel. Price was very good compared to chain hotels in Fresno. The only thing I recommend is to get a room on the back side of the hotel, away from the highway. Traffic can get noisy at times. I was able to sleep through it most of the time, but know some would not be able to. Overall -- a good value and good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Craig M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us in Kingsburg during your business trip and received a nice room at the right price!
Thank you for your feedback we really appreciate your input. I hope you will come back to stay with us again so that we can have the opportunity to make your next stay with us a perfect one. Happy Travels!

Yours in Hospitality,
Manager/Guest Relations

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg? Share your experiences!